Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my new 15' tree stand from Rivers Edge...

and here is the 190 degree view... it overlooks 6 deer trails and 2 main/ well traveled intersections... Could be a "honey pot"...

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Handgun hunting?

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Nice set up...when does your season start?

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Deer season bow starts OCT 15... and runs to Feb 28...
Modern Firearms two weekends in November... Shotguns with slugs and pistols with barrels 4" or greater... Rifles outlawed...

So they are forcing me to buy a brand new Mathews Drenalin bow... :D

quote:Originally posted by KP97DC

Just remember, Bears can climb tree stands. :)
I'll be carring my P345PR as my "anti-bear" defense...:D

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
"rifles outlawed"..................

Never have been in a huntin' situation like that before.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
quote:Originally posted by RNettles

So they are forcing me to buy a brand new Mathews Drenalin bow... :D
Dang...don't you just hate it when that happens?:D Your bow season starts 15 days after ours. I haven't bow hunted in about 10 years. I hate to admit it, but I probably couldn't pull mine back any more.[:I]

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Looks like a good spot to be sitting with a good Marlin or Winnie brush gun. You sure you want to count on that P345 against bear? Sounds like you might need to get a SBH at least. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
quote:Originally posted by jimbo1096

Looks like a good spot to be sitting with a good Marlin or Winnie brush gun. You sure you want to count on that P345 against bear? Sounds like you might need to get a SBH at least. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it!
I think 9 X .45 ACP JHP's at a bear at 15' climbing a 9" ladder, full face shots will probably discourage a further desire to reach the top of the stand...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts