Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why does getting ready for hunting season year after year seem to co:eek:st so much money?

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
I'm home free this year. I don't even have to buy ammo!!!

Don't get caught up in the latest camo fads is one recommendation I think is important.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Let's see,
set alarm earlier than normal - $0
set gun out to acclimate scope to prevent fogging -$0
set out clothes and gear - $0
fill up water bottle - $0
buy tags, license, stamps, fees - $73.50 (same as last year)
foods up about 5% - 10%
Ammo seems to go up 5% - 10% a year

·
Registered
48 Posts
I usually only have to buy a new license and some recharge kits for my Thermacell. Other then that I don't have to buy much. I only buy ammo every couple of years too.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess I fall victim to advertising because I spend a decent amount on ammo supplies for reloading and shoot all year to practice. Then, it seems I always need new scents, new camo, and maybe better optics. Now that I am getting older I am going to need a deer cart of some sort so I don't have a heart attack. The price of loaded ammo is rediculous, especially rifled shotgun slugs and muzzleloader bullets.

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
I guess I fall victim to advertising because I spend a decent amount on ammo supplies for reloading and shoot all year to practice. Then, it seems I always need new scents, new camo, and maybe better optics. Now that I am getting older I am going to need a deer cart of some sort so I don't have a heart attack. The price of loaded ammo is rediculous, especially rifled shotgun slugs and muzzleloader bullets.
You are an impulse buyer... You need re-educated by someone who knows better and isn't so easily swayed.:p

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
We planted Wisteria along the Back Deck to add some Spring flowers and foliage to that bare fence rail. It is now quite thick and screens us well from the deer filled garden and orchard area. In a sense we have 'grown our own' ground-blind! Seriously, It looks like we may be able to take our quota without leaving the yard this year. We did invest in a couple of game cameras to try to capture images of the nocturnal visitors...but no luck so far. We have seen the deer, but they muxt be stealth models, as they don't show up in the camera memory cards.

·
Banned
650 Posts
We planted Wisteria along the Back Deck to add some Spring flowers and foliage to that bare fence rail. It is now quite thick and screens us well from the deer filled garden and orchard area. In a sense we have 'grown our own' ground-blind! Seriously, It looks like we may be able to take our quota without leaving the yard this year. We did invest in a couple of game cameras to try to capture images of the nocturnal visitors...but no luck so far. We have seen the deer, but they muxt be stealth models, as they don't show up in the camera memory cards.
A friend has a camera set up in my yard. It seldom sees a deer. Yet I see them almost daily. I haven't tried to set his up my self because I am not interested in using it. His even fails to catch my dog trotting around the yard. I think the laser that activates the camera is set up wrong.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts