Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up (waiting to receive) a 10/22 Takedown. Original sale date is May 2012. Anything I should know about one this "old?"

Having barrel shortened (16.5") and threaded. Looking for an inexpensive scope. Will use QD rings so irons usable if scope fails. Thoughts? There's lots of good info here.

Thanks.

Justin

·
Registered
17,076 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle. I wouldn't mind having on of those myself. The only take down I have is a Remington model 14 that my Grandpa left me. It will be 100 years old next month.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Welcome from New Jersey....Enjoy!

Do NOT use Gun Scrubber to clean it. It WILL take off the finish. I had to send mine in to get it re-finished!

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
I have had my TD for about six months now-Flawless operation.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Welcome from Texas!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
KIDD bolt handle/ rid, auto bolt release and action buffer installed.

Next deal is finding an inexpensive scope.

Looking at the Leipold 1 piece rifleman base and QD rings. Most likely will be vortex glass.

Thanks for the info on the site.

Justin

·
Registered
24 Posts
. Looking for an inexpensive scope. Will use QD rings so irons usable if scope fails. Thoughts? There's lots of good info here.

Thanks.

Justin
Justin, Get a Mueller APV 4.5-14×40. Best rimfire scope at this price point, hands down. Can be bought for $149 or less with some shopping. And get the hood its well worth the bucks extra. Many dealers include it in the price. GL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts