Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you read about the new Thompson Center bolt action in the current issue of the American Rifleman. The TC 30 cal sounds to me like a souped up 300 Savage. Anyone remember the parent of the 308 Winchester / 7.62 NATO? Everyone tries to copy that 100 year old cartridge, the 30/06. They have to load to 65,000 CUP to match it with a smaller case. I think if the 30/06 was loaded to that pressure it would come close to 300 H&H Mag factory ammo.

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
If you subscribe to ANY gun magazine, you have heard of the TC Icon. It has been in every one I subscribe to in the last month or two. It is strange how that happens.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Buying gun rags has really dropped off for me since i've been computerized. i will buy one occasinally when stuck in a motel on an out of town trip. Think that new t/c has anything to do with s&w buying them out?

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
I actually think TC came out with the Icon before Smith bought them. But I think Smith buying them sure has helped in the amount of press they are getting.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I used to wonder what was up when I would see articles in several magazines about the same gun until I realized that manufacturers have press releases in the form of invitations to new products seminars, which of course are attended by all the writers; then the articles follow.

I personally like the looks of that rifle and if you consider the cost of a M700 at almost $900 the Icon is reasonably priced considering the wood that it carries and optional bolt handles.

In one article I read S&W said that they sought out TC to make the barrels and then liked the company enough to consider buying it to expand their market.

Anybody remember Victor Kiam who tried the Remington shaver and liked it so much he bought the company?
Just my .02 cents.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts