Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to Ruger Forum from Southeast Missouri. I currently own/re-own 2 Ruger's, first I have a Ruger SR40c and I have a customized 10/22 that I reacquired possession of a few years ago. The 10/22 was built in 1972 and belonged to my dad. It was the first gun I ever shot and hunted with. My dad traded it to a family member when I was about 12 (42 now) and didnt see it again until I got it back. Since getting it back I have upgraded it with a Factory Ruger twisted blued bull barrel, Boyd's thumbhole stock, Nikon Rimfire BDC 3-9x40. I also went in and polished the receiver housing, bolt, hammer and sear along with a lighter bolt return spring, trigger over travel stop, lighter trigger pull and Harris Bi-Pod. Currently it loves eating Eley Club ammo and spitting them out at 250 yds with a 3 shot group at 1 7/8" being the tightest group I have produced with it at that range. I wanted the gun back to build for my 15 year old daughter since it was her papa's. She has been shooting with me a couple years now and has been shooting both the SR40c and the 10/22 on the long range. There is nothing in the world better than taking both my girls to the range and slinging lead. My 8 year old daughter has a Savage Rascal open sights and recently moved from 25 to 50 yards, however she puts a few down range on the 10/22 from time to time.

·
Pony Soldier
8,636 Posts
Greetings from Nebraska.
Nothing better than shooting with your kids!!

Greg

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Welcome to the forum from PA!

·
Registered
10,286 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,887 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Life is good
4,866 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
A big welcome to the forum from Georgia!!

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
Welcome to the forum from PA.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.