Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I've owned many Ruger firearms in the last 40 years or so, both long guns and (mostly) handguns. I just bought a Ruger American Pistol, and thought I'd poke around and see if there was a forum for that to exchange experiences.

The Youtube reviews are mostly positive, with one notable exception. I've only shot the gun once so far, but I put quite a few rounds through it and did not have any issue with my strong thumb. My hands are long, but not beefy, and I notice that when grasping the pistol my grip is not high enough to have this issue. I could grip it that high, but then it would not fall naturally into my hand as it does now due to the grip shape.

Dave

·
Registered
7,654 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Florida. The Ruger American pistol is so new that there aren't a lot in the hands of shooters. It looks to be a great addition to the Ruger lineup of pistols. With the interchangeable grip panels it would seem to be easy for anyone to feel comfortable with it. I hope that you will give us your impressions with a range report.

·
Registered
10,286 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
785 Posts
Welcome from the gun friendly state of Alabama.

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,890 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
425 Posts
Welcome,
Greetings from sunny SC

·
Registered
8,193 Posts