Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently bought a ruger 10/22 50th anniversary edition not the contest edtion. now i know there are alot of mods, stocks and such forth. but what i want is opinions on what i should do.

Now i want something unique that is why i was thinking boyd gun stocks, but i also want something kinda tactical to.

i guess what i am saying i want to see what other people have done and what not. my main thing is i want unique something i can call mine i like projects and have tools.

p.s. i dont plan on moding the gun its self just the stock, scope, etc.
any an all help would be awesome.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the forum from Illinois.
Glad to have you aboard.
The internet is a wonderful place.
With the array of aftermarket parts available for the 10/22, the possibilities are only limited by your imagination, and of course, your available cake.
Some pretty kinky tactical stuff out there.
Good Luck with your project. :cool:

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Welcome from Kansas, a lot of good folks and info here.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i like the look of the ProMag Archangel 10/22 Deluxe Target Stock, but i like the coloration on the boyds stock i wish there was a way to get the ProMag Archangel 10/22 Deluxe Target Stock in some of the laminates that boyd does.

I could but the archangel and just spray paint it or find a local company that can dip it. ive never spray painted a stock before but im afraid of ruining it and wasting $100 on the stock, if i do that i will look for advice on it.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
i like the look of the ProMag Archangel 10/22 Deluxe Target Stock, but i like the coloration on the boyds stock i wish there was a way to get the ProMag Archangel 10/22 Deluxe Target Stock in some of the laminates that boyd does.

I could but the archangel and just spray paint it or find a local company that can dip it. ive never spray painted a stock before but im afraid of ruining it and wasting $100 on the stock, if i do that i will look for advice on it.
I like the looks of the Archangel, too.
Along with the cheek rest and butt pad adjustability. Great looking stock.
On the fence about spray painting it though. Not sure about the adhesion.
Sure it's possible. Auto mfg use a special flexible primer designed to stick to plastics of bumpers and trim. Probably work on the polymer stocks.
Worth a shot if you're looking for a one-off. :cool:

·
Registered
17,258 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,890 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
Welcome from Brooklyn, NY.

·
Super Moderator
16,338 Posts
jmcarr ... Welcome from SW Ohio ... Glad to have you aboard!

·
Life is good
4,866 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
AT1(AW)
1,234 Posts
Welcome to the forum from NW Ohio.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.