Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I am as new as they come to this stuff. Never shot anything in my life until last weekend. Shot an armory of guns including a .308 [I had some previous interest in rifles and giving hunting a try] with some friends.
So... later that day while with them visiting a local gun shop I found a used, CLEAN, M77 Mark II stainless skeleton stock in 270. Purchased it and added a little better scope.
Went to the range today and set up the scope. Still have a little work to do [last 3 shot group was a little low and right]. Going to get some trigger work completed and try again. Nevertheless, with myself having less than 50 rifle shots of experience I shot the last group at 1":] I suck but the gun must be good!
I am really happy with the Ruger M77 Mark II. I did not want to spend that much just starting out but I did not like how the sub $600 rifles felt. This particular used rifle was perfect, allowing me to spend less for what I really wanted.

Anyway, look forward to learning from everyone.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
welcome from nevada! and welcome to the fold of firearms owners! i was new to it, too, at the beginning of this past summer. had gone shooting with friends a few times, but that was it. never owned anything more than the bb gun my father got me for christmas as a child. this is a great forum! tons to learn here. helpful folks, and lots of interesting info. enjoy the forum and your ruger!

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Welcome from S. OK. Enjoy. It's a great place to hang out.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Welcome from Australia mate.
Glad to have you on board, nice folk here and lots of good info.

·
Registered
5,604 Posts
Welcome to RF.net...from NE Indiana!

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
howdy and welcome from middle Dixie.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Welcome to the Ruger Forum Family from San Francisco, CA. You will start off with one Ruger before you know it, you will want more Rugers. Have fun!

·
Skeptical of Everything
3,655 Posts
Welcome from the Central Coast of California.

·
Registered
10,286 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,887 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Welcome to the forum - from West Virginia

·
Super Moderator
16,279 Posts
FT ... Welcome from SW Ohio ... Glad to have you aboard!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.