Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*You know you've got a bad Beretta addiction when your local pawn shops holds them in the back for you without asking. :D

I stopped in to browse my local pawn shop yesterday and as soon as I walked in the door, one of the guys behind the counter said, "Hey, come over there. I've got a wierd Beretta back here for you to look at." When he went to his office to get it my first thought was that he had a Beretta 9000 or a Neos, since some people think they look a little strange looking, but I could barely hide my excitement when he opened up a like new 8045 Mini Cougar. (I really like my Cougars!) It had everything...the factory hard case, silver cardboard sleeve, 6 round & 8 round mags w/pinky ext., manual, & unused nylon/brass brushes. The finish is 100% flawless & it looks to have barely been fired. The shop owner had never heard of the Cougar series & to be honest doesn't know much about Berettas (he's a big Glock fan) and he quoted me a great price on it. I told him I would think about it, but at the price he gave me, I quickly came to my senses and went back first thing this morning & grabbed it! ;)

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Man, what a great score.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Wow, looks awesome! Beretta's truly are works of art.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Wow, that's a great looking gun...Congrats...Greetings and Welcome from the Outer Banks of North Carolina, "The Tar Heel State."

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Beretta

Beretta continues to innovate and improve even after 400+- years ?? I'm old enough to have purchaased one of their first guns.

Anyhow; nice piece:D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nice. Im considering getting a Beretta

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Nice find even if it not a Ruger. Now I thought cougers were Stoeger's, I guess I need a lesson in what companies Beretta own's. Still a nice looking piece.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Beretta continues to innovate and improve even after 400+- years ?? I'm old enough to have purchaased one of their first guns.

Anyhow; nice piece:D
That's confusing, given Beretta arms was founded in the early 1520's? They are supposedly the oldest continually producing firearms manufacturer in the world. I mean I know we have some old farts as members here, but ~485 years old is amazing :)

I like that cougar! I nearly got to buy a LNIB Cougar 8045 INOX a couple of years ago, but somebody beat me to the deal by a couple of hours. Maybe time to start looking again...

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice find even if it not a Ruger. Now I thought cougers were Stoeger's, I guess I need a lesson in what companies Beretta own's. Still a nice looking piece.
Beretta introduced the Cougar series back in 1994. They didn't sell well at first because of the price and people were unsure of the new rotating barrel design so they were discontinued in 2004. Since then, people have realized that the rotating barrel is virtually 100% reliable & really tames recoil forces and now used Beretta Cougars are going up in value. It's not unusual to see used full size Beretta 8045's go for $550-$600. A few years ago they were reintroduced under the Stoeger name (owned by Beretta). They're built on Beretta's original equipment, but in Stoeger's facility in Turkey instead of Italy so production costs are lower.

Forgive my ramble, but I really enjoy these pistols & the history behind the company. After all, they've been building guns and barrels since at least 1526. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts