Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body know if this is can shoot 22LR? All info I find just says 22 caliber. It is a Model 35 off hand target.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Didn't know they made those. That's cool! :)

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I looks like the .22 longrifle was popular backthen too. Chances are it's not going to be able to hold a magnum so after making sure the chamber is clear and clean, try putting in a .22 long and see if it fits.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I looks like the .22 longrifle was popular backthen too. Chances are it's not going to be able to hold a magnum so after making sure the chamber is clear and clean, try putting in a .22 long and see if it fits.
I tried a .22lr and it will fit in the chamber. Just not sure it it was meant to fire it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Why risk it, you are'nt going to be burning through the rounds in that old single anyhow. Unless you can find somewhere where it says its ok the savings wont be that great anyway.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Joshua Stevens is actually the developer of the .22 long rifle cartrige. Your J.Stevens Arms & Tool single is chambered for the .22 long rifle cartrige but keep in mind that around the time your pistol was manufactured "hyper" or "high velocity" ammunition wasn't even thought of yet so I'd say stick with standard velocity ammunition and you should be fine.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Joshua Stevens is actually the developer of the .22 long rifle cartrige. Your J.Stevens Arms & Tool single is chambered for the .22 long rifle cartrige but keep in mind that around the time your pistol was manufactured "hyper" or "high velocity" ammunition wasn't even thought of yet so I'd say stick with standard velocity ammunition and you should be fine.
Thank you for the advise neighbor. (next door in southington) Remington target is a standard velocity that I use often.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Remington Target is perfect for your application. Aguilla, CCI & Winchester all make good quality standard velocity.22LR ammunition as well, I'd say go with the cheapest one. Your Stevens 35 is nothing if not consistant, ammo sensitivity was never a concern with the model 35, it'll eat any brand you put in it and should hit quite accurately if you do your part.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts