Ruger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a great deal on this used CM-9 w/two holsters, 3 mags, talon grips and trijicon night site.

Can't wait to give it a workout at the range

k

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Nice. Hope you get a chance to shoot it soon.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Nice CM9...I almost bought one a few months back, but got a SP101 2.25" DAO instead.
Watch when shooting w/ the extended mag because I heard that they have had issues before w/ FTFs due to a spring / follower issue.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Great find, I have been carrying a MK 9 for years, they are an exceptionally well made gun. Really accurate, too , if you spend some range time with it. If you learn to hold it right, those Kahr's can really group their shots. Like the guy above said, the mags with the plastic followers can break and jam, the steel followers are alright . I sent my followers in to Kahr and they sent me new steel ones. Good company to deal with as well.
But, they oughtta be, being as the company was founded by the son of Christ. Seriously, the company was founded by Justin Moon, the son of the infamous Rev. Sun Jin Moon, of the Moonies cult church. Sun Jin Moon is said to be Korea's 2nd coming of Christ, but he was able to borrow 17 million from the church to loan to his son Justin to start the company after he graduated in New York. Smart Kid ! The whole Kahr concept came about when young Justin wanted a small concealable pistol to arm himself with on campus and in travels, but being as firearms are illegal on campus, he wanted it really small. He could not find anything he liked, so, being an engineering student, he simply designed his own, the original MK series. He was able to litterally graduate one day, and start founding the company the next.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Kahr's appear to be pretty good guns. I got a CT380 during the summer and I have no complaints. Excellent carry size and easy to shoot. Initially the slide was hard to rack, but its getting better. May add another one to my collection. Curious about the CT45 and CW45.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I have 2 Kahrs, both CWs, one in 9 and one in 45. Both are accurate, and the 9 disappears under a T shirt or in Cargo Shorts pockets in the summer.

To anyone buying a Kahr today I would advise to follow break in instructions to the letter. I've never had a problem with the 9 but the 45 is ammo sensitive. The 45 shoots fine with ammo it likes, breaks down to bullet shape.

I have a lot of confidence with both weapons. Best part is they sell retail for about $350.00

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Great find.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Man, you walked out good to go didn't you. Nice find!

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I'm a current CM9 owner and a previous PM9 owner. I picked my CM9 up for $330 shipped. After owning both, I don't see why anyone would want to pay the extra $$$ for the PM series. The CM series pistol is every bit as good IMO. They are a great gun for the money. Congrats on your new pistol.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I have an E-9, economy model of the K-9. Fantastic gun. I've got it back when having a Khar wasn't cool; no one knew much about it. Since it is all steel, it is kinda heavy to carry in our weather, so, its my bedside gun. Take it out a couple of times to shoot. It does take a couple hundred rounds to break in, but once broke in, it is definitely a keeper.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I've carried a P380 for several years. Never had an issue with it. I suspect that the CM9 is just as good. You did well.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Didn't the Beatles write about this pistol? "Baby you can drive my Kahr". Sorry for the bad pun. Been waiting to post that one for awhile. OK I'm back to the corner now.
Seriously OP congrats on the nice pistol.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts