Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just picked up a 1993 12ga Red Label with the 30" barrels, and its sweet! It came with the original box, choke tool, and 4 chokes; 2 skeet, 1 MOD, and 1 Improved Cylinder choke. Does anyone know if these were the chokes it came with new, or am i missing any? I don't think the previous owner shot this thing more than a dozen times. Thanks

·
Registered
630 Posts
Congrats on the Red Label.
I believe that is what mine came with, I ended up with two of each including full and XFull. Found most on sale at online auctions. Cheaper than what Ruger wanted.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Both my 12 gauge and 20 gauge came with a Full, a Modified, an Improved Cylinder, and 2 Skeet choke tubes. Both purchased in 1995.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have bought a few Red Labels over the years and the new ones i bought always came with 5 chokes. You seem to be missing a full. But truth is, I've never used a full for anything. Just my thoughts. Grade6man

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Yep the previous two posters have it correct. You should have got five tubes total with a double on the skeet tubes. Full, Modified, and Improved cylinder chokes fill out the balance. The missing full should be easy enough to get if that's your pleasure. When they first came out with the choke tubes I was a bit miffed as I had wanted to get all along, the fixed choke version of their skeet gun with those chokes in both of the 24" barrels. I finally did get one and a new one to boot. It was collecting dust on a dealer's shelf. Seems no one thought it a skeet gun and there it laid until I found it a picked it up and yes. you will absolutely love that gun, choke tubes and all. Smithy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just bought a '93 20g multichoke in the UK no box or wrench, came with IMP MOD and FULL. I'm 6ft and 180lbs and this gun fits like a glove and will be my go to for sporting clays, I've ordered Ruger flush SKEET and MOD chokes and a 20g wrench from Brownells and can't wait to show the 12g Browning / Beretta boys what "Little Red" can do! Ha ha!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts