Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I gotta stop looking at gun classifieds. But I couldn't resist on buying this. I have heard too many good things about the 617 .22lr revolvers. Don't see the 8/38" barrel 6 shot version for sale to often so I figured this gun would be nice to add to my collection. And with this model not being made any more, at worse if I ever resell I would hopefully break even on what I paid for it.
Got to shoot this gun before purchasing and I was surprised on how well balanced it feels considering the barrel length. Accuracy was very good using various ammo. And the after market rear bo-mar sight is a nice bonus.
Anyone had much experience with this model? Cheers gunna.

adult picture hosting

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Nice score - target hammer, target trigger and the DX front sight. That's a real target revolver. Should be a ton o'fun. Congratulations.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Gunna,
The 617 is the ultimate classis K frame. Superbly made and,as you have found out,very accurate.

How do you plan on packing it? Usually a gun with the bbl length of 8 3/8 it will be a shoulder holster or a cross draw.

May I suggest El Paso Saddlery or Diamond D Leather??

Top Dog

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Beautiful find there, OP. I really like my 617 6" -- it is my "hand rifle." A real fun range gun, accurate as heck. The trigger really smoothed out after about 1000 rounds, and the gun is great shooting double action.

Shoot the heck out of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts