Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used SR9 with a black slide from a guy off Armslist yesterday. Excellent condition, he had the original receipt from when he purchased it new on 12/22/10 with case, manual, lock, spent casing, etc... 331 serial# prefix. $350.00 straight up. He said he hated to sell it but needed the cash. Seemed Like a good deal for the all black model. Will take it to the range this weekend.

I bought it because I wanted the newer than my SR9. This one has the "D" shaped mag release and the new trigger assembly, which I understand to be a much better trigger than my 330 serial# prefix SR9. I'm thinking I could flip mine (all black) for the same price, get my money back.

So what do you guys think: Good deal? Trigger difference? Ever used Armslist before (1st for me)?

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Congratulations, looks good.
Just one observation though..... that padlock is almost as big as the gun..... :D

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
That's a great deal there. I bought mine in August 2011, new for $500 plus tax. Mine is no different than yours as far as the D shaped mag release and trigger blade safety thingy. I have the S/S slide. Shoots like a champ.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Very good deal. I've used Armslist to sell 2 guns earlier this year and had no problems or issues. I insisted that the transfer take place in person at a FLL in my/buyers area of SoCal, unless they were willing to pay the significant costs associated with me sending to a FFL of their choosing.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I bought myself a Ruger SR9 (my SR9 is OD Green) last Saturday at a local Gun Show. The guy wanted $399.99, I got it for $388 plus tax which was $415 all together. I like it I took it to my local range and shot it Monday. I had 2 Stovepipes out of 150 rounds. Me n my bf use Armslist all the time we have met some really good people off there.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought myself a Ruger SR9 (my SR9 is OD Green) last Saturday at a local Gun Show. The guy wanted $399.99, I got it for $388 plus tax which was $415 all together. I like it I took it to my local range and shot it Monday. I had 2 Stovepipes out of 150 rounds. Me n my bf use Armslist all the time we have met some really good people off there.
I like the OD, good looking color combo, good deal also.

I surf Armslist all the time but this was my first transaction. Meet at an O'Charley's parking lot in the middle of the day. I was a little apprehensive at first, I could tell he was as well. Turns out he was military, original owner of gun..........CCW, it was all good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts