Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone. I'm a loyal Ruger owner that has many 10/22s, and sr22, charger, and now my girlfriend and I both own our own Ruger AR556s. After doing extensive research on these ar556s and seeing Hickocks and Beretta9mmusas review on YouTube I was sold plus with rugers well known quality and reputation.

I had my ar556 on layaway and my girlfriend received hers first and there are no issues wrong with it that I can see. Perfect fit and finish and looks to be fine. I just got mine yesterday and let's just say I am not pleased at all. The quality on mine is horrible in comparison.
I looked it over at my ffl and couldnt really see any issues and assumed of course it's an AR and it's Ruger so it's gotta be fine.

After getting home giving it closer inspection I found the safety selector switch is very rough causing friction and there's actually metal that is damaged like it was chipped or tooled away to make it fit. There is also exposed aluminum which holds the selector in place causing friction when moving into fire position. NOT GOOD. To me this is not a usable rifle for my needs and a serious problem and Quality Control issue. Also the charging handle is rough and has visible damage. I'm calling Ruger in a few hours when they open to see what they say. I mainly wanna let them know they need to be more careful with shipping these out cause this is simply not acceptable. I am familiar with ARs but this is my first AR that I actually own making it even more dissapointing. I realize there's a huge demand in this rifle but these problems should have been seen and fixed before being shipped out. Anyone else have similar issues? I really hope I don't regret getting this AR556..

Hopefully Ruger will take care of me cause I really wanna love this rifle. Anyways I was planning on sharing my upgrades to the rifle but I'll share my girlfriends on here soon and give my update to what happens with me damaged upon arrival rifle.

·
Registered
7,652 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
A big welcome to the forum from Georgia!!

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,887 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Liberty or Death
2,569 Posts
Welcome from Virginia. Ruger will return your AR in pristine shape.

·
Registered
10,286 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Welcome to the forum from PA!

I am certain that Ruger Customer Service will get you taken care of.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Welcome from Florida. I am sure Ruger will take care of you.

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Welcome from Brooklyn, NY.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.