Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am making my shopping list for a new 10/22. I was looking at this trigger on Midwayusa.com.

Timney Trigger Guard Assembly Ruger 10/22 2-3/4 lb Aluminum Black

Timney Trigger Guard Assembly Ruger 10/22 2-3/4 lb Aluminum Black

I was wondering if anyone out there has used another company's set up that is comparable with a lower price tag. I don't mind paying for quality but if the same can be accomplished for less then... well why waste the money, buy more ammo.

Thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
You can do that or you can contact David at Brimstone gunsmithing and he could do a tier 2 trigger job for $70 that will be smooth as butter with whatever trigger pull you specify....its your money.....

·
Registered
597 Posts
I myself went and bought a Kidd Trigger job which lightens it up to 1.75 lbs. Very nice and light.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I read how the pros did their trigger jobs. Then did it myself. Slow and easy does it.
Wow, that sounds like a great topic for a post in the "Gunsmithing" or "Ruger 10/22 Rimfire" forums....

·
Registered
597 Posts
Handy with tools, steady hands, and attention to detail then yes do it yourself and save some money. If not get aftermarket ones and install it yourself.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I am handy with tools, have steady hands, and attention to details. However, I do not possess, nor have access to the proper tools, nor do I have the requisite time. I wish I did, as that I enjoy doing such products. As a consequence, I have bought Timney drop-in trigger assemblies for my 10/22s, have come to really appreciate the quality of their products.

It is all good, afterall, we are speaking about the 10/22.

YMMV.

Happy trails.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
There's better choices than the Timney in question and lesser choices. All depends on what the rest of the build will entail. Make things match. Makes no sense having a B trigger with a A or C barrel. Be like running high-performance tires on your standard old family sedan.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts