Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this gun at a gun show back in late September. I was on the hunt for a different gun and chose to pass at that time. This particular SR40c stuck in my mind though. I had never been to the venders store even though it is only a couple miles away. But today I was on his street and remembered the gun. As luck would have it I found his store and the very gun.

I like the fit and feel in my hand. So far I am thinking that the back strap, in the arched position, fits my hand the best. The trigger may be longer than I am used to with my 1911's and even my Sig P320 and P938 but it is very smooth and nothing like the LC9 thankfully. I am truly looking forward to taking it to the range next week. Hopefully it won't disappoint.

I believe this version is a Davidson's exclusive but I could be wrong.

·
Life is good
4,866 Posts
Congratulations on your new SR40C. I like the color combination.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
I have the mirror opposite finish on my new LC9s. Mine is a Waveform Exclusive....

Burnt Bronze and black is one of my favorite color combos.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the mirror opposite finish on my new LC9s. Mine is a Waveform Exclusive....

Burnt Bronze and black is one of my favorite color combos.
That looks nice too. I have been planning on doing another AR build and having it Burnt Bronze for the rail, upper/lower, stock, mags, and grip with all the small parts, barrel and buffer tube in black. The combo looks good. I also have a Sig Emporer Scorpion 1911 that is what they call FDE but in PVD coating which makes it look bronze and it has all the small parts in black. I am kind of on a bronze kick right now I guess.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
That looks nice too. I have been planning on doing another AR build and having it Burnt Bronze for the rail, upper/lower, stock, mags, and grip with all the small parts, barrel and buffer tube in black. The combo looks good. I also have a Sig Emporer Scorpion 1911 that is what they call FDE but in PVD coating which makes it look bronze and it has all the small parts in black. I am kind of on a bronze kick right now I guess.
I had the Burnt Bronze on hand from my AR project - upper, lower and rail all BB with the rest black. That AR was what got me into Cerakote to begin with. Terrific product and a lot of fun to work with.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got it out to the range today. I only got to run each mag 3 times. The 9 round mag had the 2nd round FTfeed all 3 times and the 15 rounder had one of the same at some point in the first use. Hopefully the 9 round mag just needs to be exercised a bit more. If not I know Ruger is really great about replacing faulty mags. Other than that the gun shot well.

It was sighted well from the factory. As long as I did my part it would group to the level I am capable of with my other guns.

The trigger, while longer than I am used to, is smooth and comfortable to press unlike the original LC9.

The grip size is nice but the angle just did not feel natural to me. I felt odd in my hands but as long as I aligned the sights it would sling the bullets in the vicinity of my POA and would even hit POA if I did not mess up the shot. It did feel a little better when I flipped the back strap back to the flat position. Perhaps I will get used to it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts