Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #61 (Edited)
brute, If you read the new BATFE rules and understand them, you are a better man than most. In the past 4 years, BATFE has changed several things that apply to AR-15s and AR-15 pistols but the rules also apply to Chargers or any other similar firearm.

First, BATFE can not change laws but they can influence how laws passed by Congress are interpreted (ie: Gun Control Act of 1968). Recently BATFE has written letters to manufacturers that are not consistent with current laws. These letters do not change the laws but they have managed to confuse people where in one case, a brace on a pistol is OK and in another case it is not ….. or other such issues.

This forum discourages any legal interpretations from members so please don't state your case on this forum. Also, this forum does not permit discussions about or photos of known illegal firearms …. notice the words "known illegal". It would appear some of the photos in this thread are of guns that may be illegal, according to current laws. They have not been deleted or edited because the forum staff is just as confused as the rest of the public.

What we DON'T want to do is …. make members think a configuration is legal when indeed it may be illegal with Federal or State laws. Please get your specific questions answered by your local BATFE office ….. not on this forum.
Thankyou for your guiding advice, I'll allow the forum to terminate my photos, as when posted, the build was a legit legal one, at the time, about a year and half ago. do your homework real time. Confusing, but I discourage my modification, being non-appropriate for all. I got an answer, though not an appropriate venue. Thankyou Sir for your advice. And a nice gun that needs not be tarnished, so I agree, keep them in specs for legality. And I agree also with Iowegan, that, questionable builds should be scrutinized. The forum does deal with current information, that always has opinions of do and don'ts. And I feel for new owners an obligation to inform them as best, when reading a post I post. So figure it out. A mute question I posted. Is my build legal under the statutes?

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,154 Posts
linux_author, This is the very reason why this forum is NOT intended for legal advise. The date on the BATFE letter is Mar 21, 2017. There have been more recent letters that reversed the one you referenced … as recent as Oct 2019.

brute
Is my build legal under the statutes?
Please read the last sentence in my previous post #60
Please get your specific questions answered by your local BATFE office ….. not on this forum.
I think it's time to close this thread before someone gets into trouble.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.