Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I am a Police Officer in philly I recently bought my first rifle, the AR556, and figured I'd join the community to get some ideas and share experiences. I haven't gotten a chance to s shoot it yet, but plan to verry soon.

I have a question that led to me to joining. Without changing the stock handguard, what is my best bet on adding a flashlight to the gun? I've seen someone use an M-Lok rail on the holes on the bottom of the handguard, but I want sure if that would work out if they drilled their own holes.

Right now I only have a Vortex Spitfire II on the gun. Lines up perfectly with the iron sights, so if the sight happens to fail, the irons should be right on the money.

Other than this I also own a KelTec Sub2000 in G17, a G26 for of duty use, and a G17 for my duty gun.

I'm not sure how many law enforcement people are on this forum, but feel free to ask some questions you may have, as long as they are civil. I have onlyI'lln on the job for 2 years, and I only really know laws as they pertain to Philadelphia, but I'll try to share my experiences if others are interested.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Welcome from the gun friendly state of Alabama.

·
Premium Member
14,865 Posts
Welcome to the Forum and Hello from Northern Illinois!!!

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,890 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the forum from Illinois.
Glad to have you aboard.

·
Registered
7,654 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin

·
Registered
17,258 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

·
Registered
10,286 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
Hirschjäger
842 Posts
Another from Philly

Welcome from Fishtown!

I've since swapped out my AR556 handguard to a Magpul, but prior to that, I mounted a short piece of Magpul rail to the 6 o'clock position on my stock guard:

I did transfer that rail to my Magpul guard because I use it for a short bench bipod.

Aqualung

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Welcome from Fishtown!

I've since swapped out my AR556 handguard to a Magpul, but prior to that, I mounted a short piece of Magpul rail to the 6 o'clock position on my stock guard:

I did transfer that rail to my Magpul guard because I use it for a short bench bipod.

Aqualung
Ha. Fishtownian here as well. Your picture was what led me to this forum in the first place. We should go shooting some time. I usually do handgun and S2K stuff at 9th and Ellsworth, but I found an outdoor range about 45 minutes from here that goes out to 100yds.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Welcome to the forum from southern Arizona!Welcome to the forum from southern Arizona!

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Welcome from Central Bucks. Love the name!

·
Super Moderator
16,338 Posts
OPP ... Welcome from SW Ohio and congrats on your new AR556 ... Glad to have you aboard!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.