Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and how is everyone. I'm new on here and I'm tring to fine some feedback and the current value of a Sturm Ruger New Model Single Six model#-06514/Catalog-ssmbh-4f. I'm looking this inforemation up for my dad who just got this gun today. The guy had it priced at $250.00. Dad gave him $145.00 cash and traded him some type of 22 pistol which he had giving $120.00 for. Can any body help me out? Was this a good deal? Does any body know the current value of this gun? Also does any body know the pros and cons of this gun. By the way this is his first RUGER that he has ever owned. I'm going to be doing more reseach on my end also.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Welcome from Australia mate.
Glad to have you on board, nice folk here and lots of good info.
Can't help sorry, I'm sure someone will be along.

·
Banned
4,779 Posts
That does sound like a reasonable deal ...depending on what .22 pistol was traded....as far as the 32H&R single six goes ...very nice.

·
Registered
4,913 Posts
Around here in our local gun shops, used Single Sixes in 22 LR are common as all get out, but they still typically go for $300 plus. Single Sixes hold their value, well. The fact that you have the relatively scarce 32 Mag, though, makes it a much more valuable. You did very well, indeed.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello and how is everyone. I'm new on here and I'm tring to fine some feedback and the current value of a Sturm Ruger New Model Single Six model#-06514/Catalog-ssmbh-4f. I'm looking this inforemation up for my dad who just got this gun today. The guy had it priced at $250.00. Dad gave him $145.00 cash and traded him some type of 22 pistol which he had giving $120.00 for. Can any body help me out? Was this a good deal? Does any body know the current value of this gun? Also does any body know the pros and cons of this gun. By the way this is his first RUGER that he has ever owned. I'm going to be doing more reseach on my end also.
For what it's worth I paid $350.00 for a used .32 H&R Magnum, blued 6.5" barrel in maybe 90%-95% condition. It came with original box. I felt good about my price.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I had one of these when they were first issued. They are fine single action revolvers in a very useful caliber (particularly if you reload - which I do). The Ruger is very reliable and sturdy. It should last several life times with a bit of care.

They CAN be loaded to genuine magnum levels but I mostly shoot target loads in my .32's. I highly recommend Starline brass if you wil be reloading. It is superior brass (MUCH better than Federal).

I am currently casting Lee TL wadcutters for mine from a six cavity mould (unfortunately, this mold is no longer offered by Lee). However, Lee does offer a TL 90 gr SWC in a two cavity mould that will work well for you in both .32 S&W Long cases and .32 H&R Magnum cases with appropriate powder charges for each.

FWIW
Dale53

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for your input on the Ruger .32 H&R Magnum. In my reseach i found out that it was the one with the birdshead grip. This one is like new. I also found a pair of them that went for $825.00 and they looked almost qas good as this one. All three of them was from 2002. Once again thanks. I'm new to all of this and will probaly be on here again asking more ? on diffrent guns in the future.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts