Ruger Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased our first handgun a week ago. P95 new and haven't run a round through her yet. anyone know if the FMJ is acceptable without any problems? Suggestions on bulk buying of ammo also would be helpful. Haven't shot a handgun since the Navy in the 80's and this is primarily for home defense. My wife will need to learn to shoot, has never shot a gun period. I'm sure she'll be a better shot than I am sooner rather than later. :)

any suggestions on laser? Concern I have is aggressor would have great ability to inflict harm with a laser mount. I am more partial to a flashlight in my other hand. Thanks
Mike

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,858 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...Your questions are best answered in the appropriate forums...

·
Retired Moderator & Jazz Nerd
16,360 Posts
Mike ... Welcome from SW Ohio & Congrats on your new P95 ... Glad to have you aboard! In answer to your questions:
1. The P95 is not picky regarding ammo. I have used more than 12,700 rounds of a wide variety of FMJ & JHP ammo and have never had a single failure of any kind.
2. The balance of your questions can be addressed in a number of the threads contained in the following search http://rugerforum.net/search.php?searchid=981708&pp=25 Have fun reading :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Not sure what you mean by "aggressor would have great ability to inflict harm with a laser mount"?

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
Welcome from Virginia. Enjoy the forum. As a current owner of a P85, the grandfather of the P95, They are built like tanks. It will take most ammo happily. Just love it and clean it and you will have a great weapon for generations to come. Great buy.

·
Registered
17,832 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
welcome from nevada! enjoy the forum and your P95!! i love mine! only thing i've ever heard regarding ammunition, and mostly from folks here on the forum, is a little hesitancy about using tula, but honestly i bought a couple boxes and have had no problems with it. only thing to bear in mind is that it's dirty, dirty, dirty, and you'll definitely want to clean after every outing if you use it.

·
Ausmerican.
42,713 Posts
Welcome from Australia mate.
Glad to have you on board, nice folk here and lots of good info.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.

·
Registered
10,286 Posts
Welcome to the forum Mike

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.