Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased & took delivery of this New Model Vaquero, Talo addition with Birdshead grip, 3.75" barrel, in .45 Colt.

This will be an ongoing project gun for me. Does anyone have a favorite gunsmith that could do a front sight dovetail and a Scalloping job for me?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

See attachment for picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also as an add-on to this project, I'd like to find an Aluminum ejector housing & a New model Blackhawk/Vaquero .45 acp cylinder.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Neat project. I did an aluminum grip frame swap on one of my 3 3/8" .45 vaquero's and it made a huge difference in weight. I looked into modifying an aluminum ejector shroud to work (to my knowledge, Ruger never made a factory aluminum shroud for a 3 3/8" barreled revolver) but the weight savings was negligible between the two, and I determined it wasn't worth the hassle for my project. If you are looking for a extra cylinder, I believe you would need to find one from a "New Vaquero" or a newish production "flat top" Blackhawk, because one from a standard "New Model Blackhawk" or an original size (pre 2005) Vaquero will be the larger size, and won't fit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts