Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While visiting my LGS I saw this short barreled Ruger in the case and asked to see it. I understand these were a Davidsons special run from a few years ago. It was new but the fired case envelope was dated 11/14 so Davidsons must have quite a stash of these. Once in hand it's one of those revolvers you have to have.
Anyone here have one, if so what is your experience with it?
My example is in 45 Colt.

Attachments

·
Registered
566 Posts
I have one in .357 Magnum thanks to a fellow Forum Member. Great sixshooters! In my opinion, one of the best looking Single Action Revolvers Ruger has produced. Compact size also make it a joy to carry. Enjoy yours!!

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Nice! If I had the spare $$$ right now I would own one of these. My stainless Vaquero birdshead 45 ACP has become my favorite shooter.

·
Banned
1,907 Posts
I have the same Montado in 45 with old Vaq hamer and XR3-RED grip frame so it doesn't smack my knuckle with teir II 45 loads:

And a similar New Vaquero in 44 Spl:

Swapped to standard hammers in both. Used the Montado hammer and grip frameon my Flat Top Target 44 spl:

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
Nice short New Vaquero!

My example is in 45 Colt.
What other cartridge is there???? ;) . Enjoy!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Same here if Christmas had left me more money I could look at one. Right now my birds head in 45ACP keeps me happy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I ran across a lightly used .357 magnum Montado last year about this time while shopping at Cabela's with my wife. I've owned a couple of New Vaqueros, but the Montado felt much better in my hand, especially when it came to drawing the lowered hammer, and I really liked the shorter barrel for carry. It ended up being my wife's Valentine's Gift to me. Need I say my wife's a Keeper?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts