Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
I am jealous, I do not have a GP100 but that is the one I really want. Congrats on a great revolver. Let us know how it shoots.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Congrats! I swore off wheel guns years ago, but the GP100 sure is growing on me. This one looks especially nice. (I googled images)

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I made a recent deal/trade with my local dealer and to me was to be a new 3", fixed sight, stainless GP 100. To my dismay the dealer nor I could find a single copy of that gun so the dealer got on a lot of waiting lists. In the mean time during one on line search I found the Wiley Clapp version of the very same gun, IN STOCK and ready to ship. And the price wasn't too much more to make the deal undoable. I almost got the dealer talked into inquiring about it and then I thought? Is the Wiley Clapp version on the California Safety List? So I did a check and guess what... NO IT'S NOT! What a bummer. I'm still looking but also continually checking the CA list to not get my hopes up. Smithy.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Received my new Wiley Clapp GP100, love it! All I expected and more.
Mike, The Wiley Clapp is a nice piece - love mine. First run was only 2,000 and they are available without too much effort right now - get 'em while they're hot! I hear this year's Wiley Clapp is a run of 2,500 in blue. I haven't seen one of them yet - is yours blue or Hawkeye finish SS?

Congratulations!

Wave

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
I guess it's obvious I like the Wiley Clapp since I use it as my avatar. Here's a picture of mine. Miss Kitty wishes she had opposable thumbs.....

Wave

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Congratulations mate, enjoy.
Oh..... and you know what they say..... Pics or it didn't happen..... :D

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Nice looking gun Wave :p Are there other finishing options other than matt? :confused:
I heard a rumour that this year's run of 2,500 was in a blue finish but that's jsut speculation and I'm not sure what that would look like. The "bead blasted" or "frosted" stainless steel looks cool enough but maybe there's something else better coming. The other nice thing about the WC is the softened edges all over and the taper to the cylinder.

Wave

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Not the greatest picture, but I found one of the blue model on Lipseys

It's cool, but I like the SS model better.

Congrats!
So the rumours were true! Thanks for the update BearcatShack. I would like to see one in person before passing judgement but since I generally like SS revolvers anyway I probably prefer the SS version. (So I wonder - if Talo has the SS did Lipsey's get the blue to compete?)

Nope - Lipsey's site says it's a Talo.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Nice, very nice indeed! I would be happy with either of those options :D Or better yet.........Both! Hmmmmmm dreams are free I guess :rolleyes:

·
Banned
586 Posts
Yes, both versions would be ideal for shooting heavier .357 magnum loads.

And handle recoil better than my old Speed Six.

I've read that their actions are really nice as well?

I doubt if either one would keep the FO sight for long if I could find tritium versions.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts