Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I swung by my local pusher today and picked up my Wiley Clapp SP101. Very cool little snubbie! I really like the novak sights on this one, very quick on target and accurate at ten yards. The grips will have to go though. I've never been a fan of the tiny grip that Ruger puts on their SP's, and prefer something I can hold onto. I've got a set of Pachmayr Diamond Pros on order for it to try out. If They dont work out, I'll probably just go with the old standby rubber Hogues.

Speaking of which, does anybody have pics of the Wiley Clapp with the rubber Hogues installed? If so, please post em here. I'd like to see how they look. Thanks.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Very nice Trigg! Your collection is growing in all the right directions (the stuff I like anyway.) Congratulations on another fine Ruger DA revolver.

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Nice, congratulations. My favorites: revolver, .357 mag

·
Life is good
4,866 Posts
Nice looking SP! I really like the sights on the WC model.

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
That is really nice looking...congrats!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Great choice Trigg. I know I love my WC SP101. Makes a terrific carry gun on the belt.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
What a fantastic weapon!

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Great choice Trigg. I know I love my WC SP101. Makes a terrific carry gun on the belt.
Thanks Owly. I dont expect that this one will replace my Shield as a primary carry gun, but I do plan on carrying it as well. I just ordered a leather Galco speed paddle for it to ride in. Supposedly a great little holster for the SP.

Thanks for the compliments everyone.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I really like the sights on this model! For some reason they are very easy for me to see despite the short sight radius.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts

Now imagine the above but polish the hammer, hammer pin, trigger, cylinder release button, ejector rod and pin...

(The barrel profile has been altered, edges softened and overall bead blasted. Grip is a Badger boot grip.)

Oh! I just had another idea!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Great looking sp. my 2 inch 357 has pachs on it they work well for 38s. 357s you might want the hogues, covers the trigger guard better. Looks great as is.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Now imagine the above but polish the hammer, hammer pin, trigger, cylinder release button, ejector rod and pin...

(The barrel profile has been altered, edges softened and overall bead blasted. Grip is a Badger boot grip.)

Oh! I just had another idea!
STOP! :D Your gonna mess around and put ideas in my head and get me in trouble with momma (again). Go eat your B-Day Cake! ;)

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Those are sharp lookin. I love the look of wood grips, but prefer the comfort of soft rubber when shooting the SP with full magnum loads. Gettin old and soft I guess...:D

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Trig, this what you're talking about.
Anyone recognize this SP ??

RME
Thats exactly what I was wanting to see RME, thank ya Sir! Looks sweet!

·
Ruger Connesewer ;)
443 Posts
RME - wait a minute - the barrel looks a little different at the muzzle ... and, either it has been bead blasted or the lighting for your photo makes it look that way... But, most importantly, I can see only the slightest of turn rings. Someone here - maybe either Wave or Trigg, has been handing out that highly-sought after product - Anti-Turn Ring Potion ... ;)

OK - all kidding aside - Wave - are you using a very fine media - or even (not sure of correct term here) a liquid-based blast media for your blasted finishes? One company uses the term Vibra-honing, I think. S&W puts a similar finish on some of their Custom Shop revolvers...

Edited to add a photo of mine - with Chig's bocote (I think) inserts and Altamont rubber grips. I used to be big fan of Ruger's engraved inserts but Chig uses exotic wood + his inserts are thicker and look great ...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts