Ruger Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
I would enjoy seeing a graphic of the arc of the projectile travel from rifle to bull's eye o_O
It definitely ain't a flat shot!!

Rex
a 16” off an Iowa class battleship wasn’t flat but pretty accurate. Nothing shoots flat.

·
Registered
10,032 Posts
Wow, hard crowd today.
It’s easy to dismiss something that you don’t completely understand. So this gentleman drops one in an 8” circle at 4.4 miles which is 7747yds. We probably have some here that can’t pull a minute of angle shot at 100yds which is what? It’s one inch. If you can’t hit one inch at 100yds I promise you won’t come close hitting an MOA target at 7747yds, which would be a target just over 6 feet square. Think about that, MOA at that distance is 6 feet and he’s hits 8”s.

For all you guys running out 500yds, wind is our biggest consideration, that’s my only concern at that range. What do think the wind is doing over 4.4 miles. So let’s say you’ve got all that figured out, what about Coriolis? Do you have any idea how much the earth moves in 24 seconds of flight. If shooting East you’ll impact high, West you’ll hit low, north or south in this hemisphere it’s going right and in the Southern Hemisphere it’s going left. Now to make calculations you need to know exactly where you are, because time of flight and where you are in relation to the equator matters. The earths rotational speed is slowest at the equator and fastest at the poles.

So yeah it was an easy-peasy shot. 😂😂

·
"The Real Deal"
10,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
20mm Vulcan round optional? Geez Louise! Nah, I want one in 20mm Navy!!!!! Lololol
Its NFA because its larger than 1/2" bore.

·
"The Real Deal"
10,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·

·
Registered
149 Posts
On occasion I have put a round exactly through the center of a target at 500 yards. That of course is a single shot, and my follow up ones, while a respectable distance from the POA for the distance, are no where near as good. I have had others, who are much better than me at distance shooting, shoot the same rifle and what I loaded for it to see exactly what the thing can do, to have a goal to work to.

Guess I'd be more impressed if they put 3 shots into the 8" circle at the distance instead of just one.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm impressed. Shoot, I'd be impressed if you told me he hit the entire 10' by almost 8' board at that distance, nevermind the 8" orange dot. At that distance, 24 seconds in the air, I'd be willing to bet that even the Earth's rotation has to be figured in along with wind, humidity, etc.

·
Registered
17,743 Posts

·
Administrator
23,592 Posts

·
Registered
10,032 Posts
Looks like we have a real troll amongst us.
I don’t understand why Rich. Do you think it’s because they lack the skill to compete at that level or because their life is so miserable that they hate to see others succeed at something?

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
I don’t understand why Rich. Do you think it’s because they lack the skill to compete at that level or because their life is so miserable that they hate to see others succeed at something?
Kinda strange ain't it? I think they don't have an appreciation for things they are not familiar with. Even so it makes ya wonder why be negative in that case.

·
Registered
5,083 Posts

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Kinda strange ain't it? I think they don't have an appreciation for things they are not familiar with. Even so it makes ya wonder why be negative in that case.
Sometimes I think it’s a societal disease.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts