Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There have been many posts about the SR22 and ammo. Some say their SR22 eats "anything" and some say their SR22 is picky and has a favorite ammo. What do you feed your SR22? I'm curious to see if the answers are all over the board or if a certain ammo(s) comes out as the most popular...

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
CCI Mini-Mags RN & Federal Auto-Match

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
My first sr22 ate everything I put about 1200 rounds of everything from mini mags to all of the cheapest bulk boxes. Out of all that I had one fail to fire. Good indent on the rim just didn't fire. That said I returned the gun to Ruger for a slide alignment issue and they replaced it with a new pistol. I ran fifty rounds o CCI mini mags no problem but out of 100 Federal Champion I had about a dozen fail to feed. Ran more cci no problem. Next time out I will test Winchester white box and the Federal as well as pick up a box of some other standard velocity.

·
Registered
90 Posts
CCI mini mags RN 40 gr. I have some CCI mini mag hollow points but have not tried them yet.

·
Registered
129 Posts
CCI Mini Magssolids and hollow-points.
��

·
Registered
210 Posts
Remington Golden bullets. Over 2500 through mine and not one problem cant say that for the Winchesters and federals.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Great post cjsimoh. I was wanting to know this info myself!

CCI Mini Mags and Remington Golden Bullets. Nothing else seems to work as consistently

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the replies so far... Keep the replies coming. Even if your SR22 eats anything, what ammo seems to work the best in terms of accuracy, cleanliness, etc... When the replies die down, I'll tally up the results in a post.

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
Federal Bulk 525 packs I get from Cabela's. $21.99 each for 4 & get a free dry box. I ordered a few days ago to stock up. I will be shooting more of it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts