Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just signed up and have not had a chance to look into every topic etc. Joined the forum because I just put in an order for a GP141 and probably will pick it up this weekend.
Only experience is with a walther p22 and that gun is super fun to use and the ammo is very cheap. Did my time in the service (4 years Air Force) Saw some of the world and lived through it.

·
Registered
576 Posts
jbr01...Greetings from SE South Dakota, your neighbor to your west! A big welcome to the forum. I like the little green military Walther P22s. The first time I took one apart, the spring flew out. It took me almost four (4)hours (in both civilian and military time) to get that P22 back together. I could not compress the spring without wrecking my fingers. Then it flew out again. Then I couldn't find the spring...twice. Bad night for me. Never took one apart again...I do like them however. As you said, they are a fun little pistol.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you're going to enjoy it here.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Welcome to our forum, hope you enjoy your stay,glad to meet you.
Thank you for your service to our great country.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Welcome from down south in Louisiana. That GP 100 is a great gun and I really like the shorter barrel. Give us a range report when you get it out to the range.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
quote:Originally posted by Ron Honner

jbr01...Greetings from SE South Dakota, your neighbor to your west! A big welcome to the forum. I like the little green military Walther P22s. The first time I took one apart, the spring flew out. It took me almost four (4)hours (in both civilian and military time) to get that P22 back together. I could not compress the spring without wrecking my fingers. Then it flew out again. Then I couldn't find the spring...twice. Bad night for me. Never took one apart again...I do like them however. As you said, they are a fun little pistol.
I am sure you know about that short little black rod that comes with the walther for re-inserting the spring. I had a guy I met at the range pull mine apart and together without that part. I also saw on the rimfirecentral forum that they use a golf tee for the same thing. I guess it really works.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
[8D]Greetings jbr01,
Warmest of welcomes from Connecticut, hope you enjoy the fellowship here and are active in the forums, great people and great guns, once again welcome,
peace[8D]

·
Premium Member
2,905 Posts
Welcome from NE Kansas. I don't have a GP100 but everyone says they are the best.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts