Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Ruger owner, new shooter, new Rugerforum.net member. Pretty much total newb. My family recently inherited an old JC Higgins .22 rifle and a S&W handgun and that kind of sparked our interest in firearms. We have only been shooting once (and the Higgins didn't work) but we are hooked!

We just picked up a new 10/22 after about a month of looking. It wasn't my first choice as far as appearance, but it has grown on me. We will be shooting it for the first time in about two weeks.

I have been looking on the forum for a couple of weeks now and really like what I see. Lots of good info and helpful people. I hope to be able to contribute in the future. Thanks!

Ed

Here is a pic of the new Ruger.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Welcome from Australia mate.
Glad to have you on board, nice folk here and lots of good info.

·
To the Right of Reagan
570 Posts
I don't talk about inherited guns. They're off the radar and that's where they'll stay.

Glad you're here! Welcome from southern Minnesota!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Welcome from Az. Nice Rifle indeed

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,887 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Nice to have you with us.

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Welcome to the forum from upstate NY.
I inherited an old J.C.Higgins .22 semi-auto that was a good shooting gun as long as you only shot singly. No short bursts or it would jam or stovepipe every time. I field-stripped it, cleaned the bolt and lightly relubed it as well as the rest of the action and it still did the same thing, so I sold it.

·
Registered
17,083 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Welcome aboard from the state of South Carolina. Good people and good information here. You definitely will have an enjoyable time.

Enjoy

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Welcome from Maine. Good to have you aboard.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.