Ruger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Baskerville, VA! I am a retired (29 years) Virginia dept of Corrections armorer, and gun collector. I worked with AR-15s, Remington 870s, and S&W Model 64s. Also 37mm gas guns, chemical, and impact weapons. The DOC even paid for me to become a S&W, Colt, and Remington armorer!

Went to a local gun show this past Saturday looking for a revolver, since I am mainly a semi auto guy and didn't have a revolver. After 29 years of working with S&W, what did I come home with? Yup, a Police Service Six!! Found one for $250 OTD in about 98% condition. I also got a Hogue Monogrip and some Georgia Arms ammo.

When I got home and examoned the Ruger, I couldn't figure out at first how the #%**^%)$& disassembled - no screws! I found a manual on Ruger's website that cleared things up. The Service Six appears to be easier to work on than those S&Ws. I am looking forward to testing it out this weekend.

So, after years of S&W work, have I moved to the Dark side??

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Welcome aboard, we're glad to have you what ever side your on. Lots of us have
several brands of weapons.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Welcome from California! The dark side? I don't think so. :D Congrats on your Six and I know you will enjoy it. :)

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota! Neither of those are the dark side.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Welcome motleyxfil, glad you're here. Nothing wrong with the S&Ws, and plenty good with the Ruger you just picked up. An excellent value in the market today and it will give you years of service. Don't ya just love it when you can take a gun apart with nothing more than a small screwdriver on your keychain?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Welcome

1 - 18 of 18 Posts