Ruger Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

New forum user from Central Coast area of California. I'm fairly familiar with the 10-22 and Mini-14 but this is my first PC. While disassembling for initial cleaning one of the bolt head retaining pins fell out as soon as I removed the bolt. The other pin stayed in place until I compressed the bolt head. is this normal? New gun and haven't fired it yet.

Thx

·
Registered
257 Posts
Nice to see you are thoroughly cleaaning all the preservative that the factory applies to the firearm.

Give it a proper lubing afterwards, and go shoot it, taking careful notes on which type(s) of ammo work best for you.

Strongly suggest you make no modifications to the firearm until you are certain that it functions properly. In the unlikely event you need to send it back to Ruger, they take a dim view of user-made modifications.

All Best Wishes!

·
Registered
2 Posts
mford4914 - I have the exact same issue. Was also told by Ruger to send it in. Did you get yours back or an update yet? I am curious if they actually did anything. Thanks!
Not sure if this will be helpful to anyone, but I figured I would give an update on my RMA. I reached out to Ruger customer service and they said this wasn't normal and to send it in. Only took about 2 weeks and got it back. Note on packing slip said the bolt head and 1 bolt head pin were replaced. Also said, "The pins are held in from pressure from the bolt head. Pins should come out easily when bolt head is compressed and pressure is relieved." Really happy with the turn around time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts