Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is some of the wildlife in my front yard they are all with in 100 feet of the front door.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
nice..........
always like the wildlife

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
yep sure is nice thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
2,930 Posts
Nice! I have the same thing in my back yard. This morning I saw a nice 8 point whitetail buck. He was with a spike and both were still in the velvet. I like watching them, but they play havoc with my young trees when they start rubbing in early Fall. I had to fence all my trees to keep them away from the trunks. They ruined a really nice 3 year old silver maple 2 years ago. It's legal for me to shoot them from my deck during hunting season, but I'd have to move away from home. My wife doesn't mind me hunting them...just not in our back yard. She likes watching them too much.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Rman,
I don't know if this works, but a farmer friend of mine said that tying small bars of soap, the kind you find in motels, to the limbs of small trees will keep the deer out of them. Might give that a try.

Molon Labe

Kim

·
Premium Member
2,930 Posts
quote:Originally posted by David the Gnome

Lol, I never knew you could keep away deer with bars of soap.
I didn't either. Another thing that works is to just go urinate around them every couple of mornings. Unfortunately, the missus puts her foot down on that one too!:D:D

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
If you hang up the soap bars, do you have to put out the little face towels too?

15AcreWoods- great pictures. The best I can do is squirrels and birds with the ocassional possum thrown in. I do like the birds, 'specially the hummers and peckerwoods.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
quote:Originally posted by rman

quote:Originally posted by David the Gnome

Lol, I never knew you could keep away deer with bars of soap.
I didn't either. Another thing that works is to just go urinate around them every couple of mornings. Unfortunately, the missus puts her foot down on that one too!:D:D
Watch "The Last Amercan Indian." Then you will understand the power generated by peeing on trees. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts