Ruger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello folks,

new member here but have been hunting and shooting a VERY long time. I have been searching for a Ruger Revolver and coming up with zilch!! I was hoping that I can give the model number and if any of you know a shop that has one, please shoot me a PM.

I am looking for a Ruger Redhawk stainless .44 magnum with 4" barrel (Not sure but I think the model number is (KRH-444). Anyway, thanks in advance for any responses.

·
Ausmerican.
42,713 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you James, you are correct regarding the model number, the number I provided was the catalog number. How ever you wish to refer to this fine piece of workmanship, they are harder to find then hens teeth. I have located a couple of used ones that had some wear issues and a new one that was highly overpriced IMO.

I am sure glad that this Ruger affliction is no where near as serious as Marlinitis :D

If all else fails, I'll just carry my GP-100 4" and my 1895 guide gun, that seems to make a big red spot out of anything I hit with hit.....;)

·
Registered
385 Posts
I carry a six inch GP100 and hunt with a 1895 Guide Gun in 45/70 and love it as well!

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
I am sure glad that this Ruger affliction is no where near as serious as Marlinitis
Not so sure about that. I have both the Ruger and Marlin "itis", not to mention a couple of others. The Ruger strain can be especially serious. :)

By the way, if you've seen even one of those 4" Redhawks, you've seen more than I have. Been looking for one since they were introduced and have yet to see one in any of our gun shops.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Go to gunbroker and search on that code (just did it), I came up with 1 and it's brand new in the box(the dealers may not always use this code KRH-444 so don't just rely on it)...not cheap...but there ya go, have it shipped to your lgs.
I've seen them on gunbroker often, so you can find them...check every day and the one you want at the price you want should show up eventually :). That's how I finally found my 4" GP100.
mazer

·
Registered
719 Posts
I Use to own a .357 Ruger Redhawk that I bought about 20 years ago had to sell it 10 years ago in a money pinch... Could kick myself in the rear even now for selling it... was a GREAT revolver... Welcome by the way from the Florida Panhandle near Pensacola.. God Bless & Merry Christmas...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Success After quite a bit of searching and calling, I have found one brand new Ruger Redhawk .44 with the 4.2" barrel. You would not believe how many shops are desperately trying to get them and how far back Ruger is in production. I will be a happy camper until the bill comes!!!!

·
Ausmerican.
42,713 Posts
Great, don't forget the pics. when it arrives.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great, don't forget the pics. when it arrives.
I surely will James. The person that handles the shipping from this shop is on emergency family leave until the 15th, it will be sent out on or just after that date. Which may be a good thing as I am involved in a 1895 Guide gun rebuilding project. I will take a picture whit the ruger and Guide gun, they will be going afield together.\

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.