Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off, i want to thank Iowegan for sending me a copy of his Ibok, i greatly appreciate it sir. i have a few s & w revolvers and a couple weeks ago, i fired a gp100 for the first time ( it was a friends gp100 at the pistol range). as soon as i held it i said to myself, wow, this fits really nicely in my hands and it feels great! and after firing a few shots of .357 and .38s out of it i was even more impressed with it. i then thought to myself, i have got to get me one of these! and a few days later, i sold one of my smiths, and bought a slightly used one, and i am seriusly considering getting a few more in the near future.. and a security six also. anyways, i received a copy of Iowegans Ibok and polished and cleaned up the inside action and evrything.. it has a very smooth trigger pull, but i am hoping to get it a little lighter, just a little because i like shooting double actionn alot. i just received the wilson combat spring kit in the mail the other day, and i installed the 12# hammer spring. oddly, it has the same trigger pull weight as my factory spring which is 14 lbs. MY question is.. will the wilson combat hammer spring lighten up a bit in time with usage? or should i have gotten the Wolf spring instead? any feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks, Tim

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Problem solved! i simply exchnaged my factory return spring for the 10 # return spring as per Iowegans instructions and man oh man what a difference! I owegan, you are my hero ! thanks so much, tim

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,680 Posts
tcinpa07, Before you get all thrilled, try the gun in DA to make sure you get positive primer ignition. Sometimes lighter hammer springs produce light hits (click - no bang).

Spring ratings are typically +or- 10%. You could have a 14 lb spring with an actual pull of 12.6 lb and a spring rated at 12 lb could be as high as 13.2 lb. As you can see, the rating doesn't always mean a replacement spring is going to be lighter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts