Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't want to damage my new SR1911 LW Commander. So I looked for the very best lubrication stuff. An aluminum frame on a steel slide concerned me. So the best oil is: Lubriplate FMO-AW (350-AW weight) the best grease is Lubriplate SFL NLGI #0. This comes from various sources.

·
Registered
5,640 Posts
Can I use it in my truck.................?

·
Super Moderator
4,059 Posts
Oh good. Another lubrication thread. :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
21,265 Posts
I don't want to damage my new SR1911 LW Commander. So I looked for the very best lubrication stuff. An aluminum frame on a steel slide concerned me. So the best oil is: Lubriplate FMO-AW (350-AW weight) the best grease is Lubriplate SFL NLGI #0. This comes from various sources.
So is this based on your experience or what you read on the web?

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Tough crowd.:eek:

Justified, but tough.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Funny, I've never heard of it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
never heard of it...........but when I want to grease my pistol I use TW25.
"Not an advertisement"

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have heard of Lubriplate. It's been used in the automotive field for years.

But my opinion of the best lube for any gun be it steel,plastic or steel is FROG LUBE!!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
278 Posts
Bacon grease.

·
Emperor
885 Posts
I have used a bunch of different greases on firearms, Lubriplate included. A partial list of the others includes TW25, Lucas gun grease, Wilson Combat Ultra-lube grease, Hoppe's gun grease, Brian Enos slide glide, and even Phil Wood bicycle grease (which is actually pretty amazing stuff).

And here is what I have learned: they all work pretty good.

·
Exchequer
4,500 Posts
I have no opinion on this particular topic.

And for some reason, I'm really craving bacon right now.

·
Registered
5,640 Posts
BLT’s for dinner, what a great idea!!!!

·
Registered
540 Posts
GONRA mentions that everybody nos that Molykote "G" MoS2 paste is the very best for these odd lube grease / ANTI-GALLING issues.
>>> But its dirty, REALLY DIRTY unfortunately. <<<
Seems to be all sorts of clear liquid anti-galling greases out there if you can trust 'em.
Just be careful!

·
Registered
5,640 Posts
GONRA mentions that everybody nos that Molykote "G" MoS2 paste is the very best for these odd lube grease / ANTI-GALLING issues!

What does this mean????

·
Registered
203 Posts
Lubriplate is definitely a good grease, it's often recommended for aircraft as an engine assembly lube, since the engine, when first run, will not have any oil pressure. I'm not so sure it's significantly better than any other good lube, however. I've been using some Brownells lube that I believe was formulated specifically for SS to mitigate the galling issues. I've used it sparingly on many firearms over the years and still have over half the jar. I've also used molyplate with good results. I usually use synthetic oil these days, Mobil 1 5W-30, again with good results.
Cheers,
crkckr

1 - 20 of 46 Posts