·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Looks great mate.
Congratulations.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Looks great, I shot mine a couple of days ago. They are fun to shoot.

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
That is nice :) And your avatar shows you have a nice collection.. I'd like to see you post a larger version of your avatar:)

·
Registered
444 Posts
I've had a Mark II for years. It's one of my very favorite pistols to shoot. Accurate as hell. I put some walnut grips on it with a thumb rest. Mine is blue, and I prefer that finish. I recently replaced the extractor with one by Volquartsen. I wanted to cure the occasional stovepipe. My only gripe with the gun is reassembling it after cleaning. It's a PITA, but I still love the gun.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Outstanding - great find there! I got mine just over a year ago, a beauty from 1984 rescued from a pawn shop, came with nothing but a single clip. I've assembled all the other goodies you have except for the cardboard box, but I like the plastic cases they ship in now. Mine says hi:
IMG_3213 by clair_davis, on Flickr

·
Registered
444 Posts
Outstanding - great find there! I got mine just over a year ago, a beauty from 1984 rescued from a pawn shop, came with nothing but a single clip. I've assembled all the other goodies you have except for the cardboard box, but I like the plastic cases they ship in now. Mine says hi:
IMG_3213 by clair_davis, on Flickr
Glad your beautiful gun has a good home, instead of a damn pawn shop. Well played.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Looks nice. I was in a Cabelas earlier this week, they had a Mark I, blue, easily more than $100 over priced, and well as a ruger standard, 4", also more than $100 overpriced. I dont even waste my time looking at them when they are that far off. Even if they got down to a good price, you still have to add tax on top of that.

·
Registered
184 Posts
The longer I own and the more I shoot my Ruger Mark iii's the better I like them. I think I'm finished "improving" mine. Installed the hammer bushing on the last one yesterday; tomorrow off to the range.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Nice save & great collection of hardware...my wife would pawn me if I had that many :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice find, I found a Mark II today that has a 10" bull barrel, with two mags and the original plastic case. No papers and it is on consignment at LGS. Metal is in very good condition and it has Hogue grips. Has been shot and looks like it has never been cleaned. Bore is bright however. What is a ballpark value on these?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts