Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I’m new to Rugers, and new to guns PERIOD. A friend of mine recently took me to a range and I learned to handle his Mark II, and at 25 yards at least I always hit inside the outer most circle (I think I was shooting at a B-6 or B-8). Prior to that it’s been over 20 years (since Boy Scouts) since I fired a gun.

I’ve got a brand-new Mark III bull barrel I can’t wait to pick up in a few days (I’m waiting my 10 day period out here in CA). This is the FIRST gun I’ve personally bought myself.

This forum has been great to learn a bunch of stuff on.

Right now I’m really interested in Bulls Eye qualifying and competing at my local club. I figure when I can put every shot in a session inside the black circle (B-2/3 NRA targets) with cheap ammo then I can think about buying a bunch of fancy stuff (when I start grouping them inside a few inches). Right now I have no idea what most of you are talking about. I’m just proud I can clear a jam without freaking out (or looking down the barrel :)

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Welcome aboard Richard. Glad you're here. Make yourself at home and enjoy the Board. You're among Friends and Ruger Lovers both here. :D

·
Registered
576 Posts
Rich447...Greetings from SE South Dakota! Welcome to the forum! A bull barrel Ruger is my favorite in .22LR semi-autos. I am sure you will love it. Regards...Ron.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Greetings Rich447,
Warmest of welcomes from Connecticut, hope you enjoy the fellowship here and are active in the forums. Great people and great guns. Wish you the best competing and again welcome,
peace

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
welcome from Texas, I use to live out your way seems like a hundred years ago. I lived in what they use to call the LA basin. I lived at one time or another in Gardena, Torrance, Willington, San Perdo, Long Beach. I have a MkII stainless good shooters for sure.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Welcome Rich. This is a great site with lots of knowledgable and helpful people who share what they have learned. Enjoy, and don't be afraid to ask if you ever have any questions.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Another welcome from Pennsylvania. Bullseye can be a lot of fun and a good way to learn marksmanship. I had to give it up, couldn't take all the guys tellin' me the 99 things I was doing wrong while I "OUT SHOT" them......... :D

·
Registered
421 Posts
Welcome from Jersey! I have two Mark II's and a Mark I and enjoy them all. The Mark II's are bull barrels and the Mark I is a tapered barrel with the 'liberty' stamp on it.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Welcome Rich447, come on in and join the fun. Tell us all about your new Mark III when you get it, range report, first impressions. Always interesting to hear from new members to the sport.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts