Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats with all the new NFL colors? I'm watching Monday Night Football and seeing "pink" on the bears.

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
I just wonder when the NFL is going to have men's cancer awareness?

And no, I'm not holding my breath for that one.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Cancer is a horrible thing but I'm sure we're all aware of it in any form. Last saturday I was at my grandsons football game, these are kids, and most of the opposing team were wearing pink socks. I commented to my wife that it looked kind of silly with football uniforms (just my opinion) and she said "It's for breast cancer awareness."
I said that I knew that, but when were they going to wear brown socks for colon cancer awareness?
Like I said cancer is terrible in any form, and I'm not making light of it. I just feel the pink thing is overdone. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I don't think it looks too bad at all. I like that they are reaching out to the women in their audience and showing that cancer can be beaten.

Go Niners

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
I just hope that the money that is suppose to be donated with each pink purchase, goes where they say its going. I see pink items for sale everywhere, so the donations must be enormous.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just hope that the money that is suppose to be donated with each pink purchase, goes where they say its going. I see pink items for sale everywhere, so the donations must be enormous.
I don't want to make light of breast cancer as my wife had it and I've had prostate cancer............but............flamingos are suppost to be pink, not football uniforms.

I hope like you do that the money goes to the right places.

·
Liberty or Death
2,569 Posts
The player's game used pink uniform parts are auctioned off and the proceeds given to charity.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts