Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked but didn't see anyone share this one yet:

DeAngelo Williams may have given up seat to military impostor - NFL - Sporting News

This attention to details of the Marines, I first got the idea, accurate or not, in an episode of Jericho (TV Series 2006?2008) - IMDb

"During the dinner, the "Marines'" use of the US Army slogan, "Hooah" (not used by US Marines – they use Oorah), as well as their addressing of an N.C.O. as "sir", betray their fraud to Johnston Green, who is himself a former U.S. Army Ranger." - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semper_Fidelis_(Jericho)

"Of course, whether the man is a true veteran or not, his status doesn't and shouldn't diminish Williams' generosity in enacting this random act of kindness. "

·
Premium Member
14,131 Posts
No matter how young, old, active, reservist, wounded or healthy............the vet always has a seat at my table! DeAngelo is a class act and we need more of his type in the NFL!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I guess, like any mystery, there has to be a hero and a villain. Clearly, DeAngelo Williams is the hero here; and the military impostor is the lowest of villains.

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
It was a nice gesture but noting more.
Why not lend his voice to seeing they get their due instead of subjecting them to the V.A. treatment?

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was a nice gesture but noting more.
Why not lend his voice to seeing they get their due instead of subjecting them to the V.A. treatment?
+1
There's a lot of work to do and sometimes, one's popularity, be it in sports or some other field, can be put to good use. Hollywood's doing it for the left.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts