Ruger Forum banner

NFL player gives up seat to Marine

338 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  alayonruger 
#1 ·
I checked but didn't see anyone share this one yet:

DeAngelo Williams may have given up seat to military impostor - NFL - Sporting News

This attention to details of the Marines, I first got the idea, accurate or not, in an episode of Jericho (TV Series 2006?2008) - IMDb

"During the dinner, the "Marines'" use of the US Army slogan, "Hooah" (not used by US Marines – they use Oorah), as well as their addressing of an N.C.O. as "sir", betray their fraud to Johnston Green, who is himself a former U.S. Army Ranger." - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semper_Fidelis_(Jericho)

"Of course, whether the man is a true veteran or not, his status doesn't and shouldn't diminish Williams' generosity in enacting this random act of kindness. "

#3 ·
I guess, like any mystery, there has to be a hero and a villain. Clearly, DeAngelo Williams is the hero here; and the military impostor is the lowest of villains.

#4 ·
It was a nice gesture but noting more.
Why not lend his voice to seeing they get their due instead of subjecting them to the V.A. treatment?

#5 ·
+1
There's a lot of work to do and sometimes, one's popularity, be it in sports or some other field, can be put to good use. Hollywood's doing it for the left.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.