Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the NFL season! I know a lot of you guys spend your time hunting and shooting and fishing, I do too. (well I don't hunt, but I fish all the time and shoot once a week)

But I love my Redskins and I love the NFL. Looking forward to the season opener tonight, Colts and Saints. Don't care who wins. I'm just so bored with baseball highlights I can't stand it!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I decided to play Fantasy Football for the first time last year. It rejuvenated my interest in football somewhat. It caused me to look at different aspects of the game. I used to be a big Cowboys fan (Staubauch years). My Papa was a big 'Skins fan. We used to really have a good time on Sunday's watching the games together.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love a good rivalry! And I think the Skins and Cowboys might be the top two in the division this year. It'd be nice to get some quality back in that rivalry.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Football season BAH!!!

I'm gonna slip into a perpetual state of abject boredom about a nanosecond after the last out of the world series!! At least until spring training starts!! :D

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well fortunately for you, denfoote, I think there's only about a month between the world series and spring training...

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Love the NFL also EddieF - unfortunately my KC Chiefs haven't given me anything to cheer about lately!:(

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well we're in the same boat. But look at it this way, we're both undefeated so far this year! I'm going to the Redskins opener on Sunday, and I look forward to that optimism and hope that sometimes only comes on opening day!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I lost interest in football, especially the Cowboys, when I read more about them in the Crime section of the paper than in the Sports section...some sure hurt all......

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, your 'Boys went through a tough patch there. But look on the bright side, at least you're not a Falcons fan!!

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Since the Big Tuna went to Dallas it mucked up my whole football mind. I am a perpetual Giants fan but I haven't been much of a fan since the retirement of Lawrence Taylor. New England has given me some bright moments but it just ain't the same. Professional athletics just don't inspire me any more, I rather watch Dave Watson, or my man Michael Waddell, and watch him play some string music, or put the smack down on a buck, than anything pro athletes bring to the table. Hunting shows and videos, thats my idea of good boob tube.
Might just be the senioritis setting in.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts