Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys now I am liking the AR-15 platform, found online a NIB S&W AR-15 Sport Model just the base model. This gun was a gift & the owner has it up for sale unfired. He must need the cash he is asking $550.00 cash is this a good price?? I keep thinking my Mini-14 is all I need but these AR-15's are very nice.I keep thinking maybe have two .223/5.56 rifles. Comments appreciated & thanks in advance!:D;)

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,335 Posts

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok funny my son in law bought his S&W AR-15 Sport Model on a Black Friday sale for $559.00 + tax the gun I'm thinking about is the same rifle with no tax a private sale.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Even though previously owned, it is basically new. NIB and unfired. As you stated.....toss in sales tax for a new one and that price might be hard to beat. If I were wanting that model I'd grab it.

The Mini and an AR are two different animals. Both are excellent. I'll agree on owning one of each.:D

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Well two animals of a different feather sometimes can go together! Going to see what my budget has room for first! The Mini-14 is in the stable and here to stay! I looked the other day at two AR-15's at the LGS a base model DPMS flat top and a Delton that has the same basic sights that come on the S&W AR-15 Sport the Delton was $600.00 the DPMS $549.00 on sale. Thats why I figured the S&W AR-15 Sport at $550.00 cash deal wasn't too bad of a deal on a unfired NIB gun! Will have to see what the budget allows my gun nut itis can get me into trouble!! BTW Bepe thats a nice setup to put your rifles in!

·
Registered
365 Posts
................................................................................................................... BTW Bepe thats a nice setup to put your rifles in!
I bought it years ago from Sinclair International. Sold as a one gun cleaning rack but you can buy the different plates for different size stocks. I added the second pair for my TC and bolt guns. I believe they still sell it. Coupled with the Sinclair cleaning link and chamber guide it makes cleaning the AR a snap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts