Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a NIB Winchester 9410 and want to shoot it. Almost every 9410 out there is unfired as most bought to collect but I bought to shoot. Am I a fool to shoot it? One shot and the value goes down. Two shots and it doesn't go down any further. So I might as well shoot the heck out of it.

·
Registered
342 Posts
why would anyone own a 9410 and not want to shoot it? collect, sure, but they were meant to be fun.

except for one thing...it will never beat the real mccoy it copied....the 1932 marlin 410.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Buy a used one too and shoot that one. I've done that, twice now.

Darn safe queens. Can't live with 'em, can't shoot 'em. :D

·
Registered
760 Posts
You think it was fired at the factory? What is the point of having something just to look at? What is your dream gun, I'll sell you a picture of it!

I say shoot it!

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Come on Mr. Moneybags we all know you are loaded. buy another one to look at. And if you get tired of dusting it and putting it back on a rack, you can ship it to me for safe keeping. I won't shoot it....Honest :rolleyes:

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I'm going to shoot it. My reasoning is what differance does the value make when I'm dead. I never bought it to sell for a profit and will die owning it.

·
Banned
698 Posts
I gotta play with my toys....

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Shoot till your heart's consent. Just like my Legendary Lawman, I shot the pudding out of it and it was a blast. Smithy.

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
You got a good one, I'm bad about buying stuff and not firing them. I know that's foolish because you can't take them with you. Over the last 5 or 6 months I've been firing guns I've had for years and never used them. They clean up like new. I'm getting to old to worry about keeping safe queens. Go ahead and shoot it.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You got a good one, I'm bad about buying stuff and not firing them. I know that's foolish because you can't take them with you. Over the last 5 or 6 months I've been firing guns I've had for years and never used them. They clean up like new. I'm getting to old to worry about keeping safe queens. Go ahead and shoot it.
There are currently about a dozen of these listed on gunbroker and all but one are listed as NIB. Guess the ones that have actually been shot are rarer. Maybe if I shoot it then it will be worth more. :D

I find the same thing with the 9422.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Bought my wife a Legendary Frontiersman in 38-55. Was meant to be shot. Send her to the range with cowboy loads and its like a kid in the candy store.

·
Registered
629 Posts
If you go to sell it and someone wants it, they will buy it even if its been fired. Not too many of them out there, they sure shoot .410 slugs good.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you go to sell it and someone wants it, they will buy it even if its been fired. Not too many of them out there, they sure shoot .410 slugs good.
I think they were only made for two years and I think the production was only a few thousand. They were never a big seller. I'm getting the Packer and not many were made as the Ranger and Traditional was more popular.

·
Registered
342 Posts
like i said earlier...the real marlin 410 was a true shotgun.
i think the 9410 was more of a slug 410 concept. doesnt the 9410 have a rear sight?

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
like i said earlier...the real marlin 410 was a true shotgun.
i think the 9410 was more of a slug 410 concept. doesnt the 9410 have a rear sight?
Yes it has the same barrel sight as the 9422. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1 Posts
9410 Winchester

I have a really nice 9410 in 99.9 percent new condition for sale. I've had it for years and only fired 10 rounds through it, yes another safe Queen. This is one of the older ones with the safety on the receiver not the tang. I bought this to hunt with my cousin back east as they must use shotgun slugs to hunt deer back there. Fired about 5 rounds through it test firing it, shot a really nice whitetail buck and put it away. Since then I've ruined the day of about 4 Gophers and haven't fired it since. This gun has seriously beautiful wood as well. I also have a pretty good supply of ammo for this buckshot and slugs. From what I understand these are getting increasingly hard to find now.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I'm going to shoot it. My reasoning is what differance does the value make when I'm dead. I never bought it to sell for a profit and will die owning it.
Good Decision!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts