Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had dinner with a buddy of mine who was in town last night, he works for Blackwater doing firearm and driving training. He was showing me his latest pistol, an HK somethingorother, I think it was a .45. But I am having trouble remembering the gun details because I was REALLY impressed with the holster.

He sent me the link, I'll put it below. But it had a lock in it that, when you put your hand on the grip and your index finger extended naturally down the side of the gun, your finger tip is directly on the button that releases the pistol. A light touch and the gun is in your hand. Don't depress it and you can't get it out. I messed around with it for a while, and my impression is this is a very, very well designed holster. It works great.

http://www.gearzoneproducts.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=680

·
Registered
56 Posts
Picked up one for a Glock. They work very well, and it's nice to have the locking feature, even on a concealed piece. But like the Glock, it's purely functional. They both seem to lack the soul you get from steel, wood and leather.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Those are nice holsters. Kansas has one of those and I believe Pops does too but I forget for which pistols. Below is one of the cheaper Blackhawk holsters I bought for a 1911 that uses a screw tension to hold the gun and it works pretty good for concealed purposes but doesn't hold the gun near as securely. Wish now I 'd gone on and got the Serpa. BTW, none for Ruger pistols as far as I know.
Baker

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Got one for my XD-40. They work well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts