Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know who sells nice walnut stocks for a mini 14? Something that has the looks of the ones CMP puts on their CMP Special M1 Garands?

·
Exalted One
1,714 Posts
ASI sells them. Can't vouch for them as I haven't dealt with them...Just a thought...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks brnwlms. I have looked at those, & so far they are best I've seen. No one may have what I'm actually lookin for, so may have to buy one unfinished & work on it myself, although that would be a last resort.

·
Registered
851 Posts
ASI sells the Revolution stocks in walnut or birch along with walnut or birch handguards.

They are well made, fit well and look nice.

The length of pull however is longer than the regular Ruger stock:

·
Registered
757 Posts
ASI sells the Revolution stocks in walnut or birch along with walnut or birch handguards.

They are well made, fit well and look nice. The length of pull however is longer than the regular Ruger stock
Well, yes and no. The Revolution stock is longer than the original stocks on the old Ruger Minis. They are the same length as the 58X series and newer Minis when Ruger added the rubber buttpad.

That said, both Ruger's new stock and the Revolution stock produce a 'heel to aperture' distance (measured from the top of the buttstock to the rear sight aperture) of 15½" which is longer than the 14.0" distance of the M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, and M14/M1a as well as many European iron sighted mil rifles. This added distance makes using the iron sights with a target aperture and thinned front blade to equal a 'NM' set of sights difficult as one's neck is stretched too far for a comfortable sight picture.

Adding a TechSights rear sight moves the distance closer at 15.0" but it's still a stretch on the neck to use the irons. I relented on my 583 Series Mini and removed the rubber buttpad, cut 1" off of the buttstock, and then reshapped and reinstalled the buttpad to give my iron sighted Mini a proper 14.0" length.

Shortening the buttstock 1" gives one a rifle that equals the M1A as you can see in the picture below.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts