Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this isn't the right place for this, moderators feel free to move if it isn't.

You guys -- and I'm betting there are one or two of you -- who have a handgun in the nightstand, what do you keep it in? A holster hanging on the bedpost? No holster under the mattress? Loose in a drawer? In the Ruger plastic box under the bed?

We do not have kids, nor are there ever any in the house, so I am not particularly worried about that. But it seems like the plastic case my GP came in is not ideal for quick and quiet access if needed.

Thanks.

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
I have a revolver between the mattress and box springs, and a loaded .12ga in the closet.
If I have time, I'll grab the shotgun, if I don't then revolver.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
When I pull off my clothes at night I lay my P97 on the headboard above my head. When I redress in the morning it goes back in the holster.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
I keep several, but because this is a publically viewed forum, I won't disclose types or locations. Suffice it to say, we are well armed... Very well armed.:D

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I understand RNettles. I sort of figured that people don't keep them in the plastic box they came in. But I don't want it sloshing around in a drawer either. Bedside holster sounds like a good idea to keep the gun protected and accessible.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Since I use a nylon holster, my P97, in the holster, goes under my pillow at night or nap time. Also have a Blackhawk in .45 Colt, in it's box, sitting under the edge of the bed, loaded either 225 gr Win Silvertips or more likely my 255 gr LSWC reloads.
Baker

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Since to sleep in my skivvies these days would be like shock and awe, I wear khaki shorts-with a belt-wallet in right rear pocket...2 speed strips front left pocket...M65 or P90 in the hollow front of my left hip clipped in an IWB-I sleep on my right side...should something go bump in the night, I have to grab my glasses left hand and my 1,000,000 CP spotlight with my right...started carrying in Dreamland about 2 months ago when we had an armed assault on a house 6 houses from us-2 guys at the back, 2 at the front, 9s and hi-caps and the only reason a family and about 13 kids weren't murdered is the back door held and the front was unusually locked...shot up the house real good-noone hit-exited the cul-de-sac past my house on a squeal...20 ga. pump is within reach now and when I grab that it's 15 rds...trouble truly doesn't make an appointment...not recommending that for everyone...I figure the fog will be gone by the time I hit the door and after that...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Cocked and locked Colt Combat Commander on a shelf on the headboard of the bed. No holster. The Mepros make a good nitelite too.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
I just lay mine on the nightstand, and the wife has one on hers, so we got both sides covered!

·
Registered
156 Posts
quote:Originally posted by gunman42782

I just lay mine on the nightstand, and the wife has one on hers, so we got both sides covered!
Ditto! Others are strategically placed in various spots from time to time, depending on different factors and situations. If I'm taking time off from work for a few days, then I'll have more firearms available. If it's a regular work week, all guns except my carry piece are locked in the safes. My wife doesn't have a CCW permit, doesn't want one, which is a sore spot with me, as she's a Realtor, but it's her decision and I have to respect it. Don't like it, but I respect it.

EddieF, you might want to consider one of those small handgun safes that can be bolted to a table, wall, floor, etc. that recognizes your hand print or finger prints. Been meaning to get one myself.

Peace and God bless, Wolfsong.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts