Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought this Nikon scope for $75 on clearance at my local Wal-Mart. I don't if this is the case at all stores, but I thought it might be worth a look for everyone. Pretty much everything in sporting goods was on sale, but this caught my eye.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Damn good price! Congrats on the find!

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
It seems there are a handful of walmarts which are getting out of the firearms sales business and having clearance sales. Not sure if that applies here or how wide spread it might be. Or at least that seems like a reasonable possibility. I have only seen one confirmed case recently where that is happening but have seen other locations which still show ammo as in stock but no longer even have a firearms department.

·
Banned
513 Posts
I got one better. Mississippi Wal-Marts are selling Mini 14's for 627 dollars. COME ON DOWN AND GET ONE WHILE THERE HOT:D

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Dang! American Rifles for $188....Nikon P-223 for $75..... Not at my Wal Mart. After reading about the American Rifle deal I scurried over to the only Wal Mart in our area that sells firearms (only 1 out of 4 stores sells guns, they all sell ammo...except 22LR it seems) and they still had the American Rifle for $388. Shoot - the local Bass Pro has 'em on sale for $288. Wal Mart lets me down again...

If I saw a Nikon P-223 for $75 I would grab it. And build another AR for it. And spend $600 to build the AR. Because I saved so much $$ on the scope. See how my mind works?

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
Dang! American Rifles for $188....Nikon P-223 for $75..... Not at my Wal Mart. After reading about the American Rifle deal I scurried over to the only Wal Mart in our area that sells firearms (only 1 out of 4 stores sells guns, they all sell ammo...except 22LR it seems) and they still had the American Rifle for $388. Shoot - the local Bass Pro has 'em on sale for $288. Wal Mart lets me down again...

If I saw a Nikon P-223 for $75 I would grab it. And build another AR for it. And spend $600 to build the AR. Because I saved so much $$ on the scope. See how my mind works?
You ain't fooling us. Your ARs don't cost $600. Too nice.

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
^Geez. I show you the lower without some stain and poly, and you have to rub it in. Yes, I'll finish the above AND THEN build a light weight. Though, the pine lower shaves a lot of weight off...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The Wal-Mart in my town had one of the biggest gun department's of any Wal-Mart I've ever been to (Probably not closing dept). I live in a small town in Utah with more gun retailers than restaurants!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts