Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting together a heavy barreled 10/22 for 50-100-150 yard target shooting.

Is anyone using the Nikon Prostaff Target EFR Rimfire Rifle Scope 3-9x 40mm AO (#6734).

What kind of scopes are you using on your target 10/22?

Thank you,
Tim

·
Registered
965 Posts
I'm putting together a heavy barreled 10/22 for 50-100-150 yard target shooting.

Is anyone using the Nikon Prostaff Target EFR Rimfire Rifle Scope 3-9x 40mm AO (#6734).

Thank you,
Tim
I have the Nikon 3X9X40 BDC on my stock CZ 452 and Savage BJR. With cheap match ammo and the scope centered at 50 yards the third ring hits 100 yards with good accuracy. 100 yards is max for me hitting paper and being happy.

·
Registered
183 Posts

Thank you,
Tim
I put one on my old 77/22 a couple of months back, and I like it, a lot.

Granted, I'm not a world class marksman. But I do like this scope.

Duane

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I have a 3X9X40 Nikon Prostaff BDC mounted on my takedown. I can hit the 300 yard gong at my private range with boring regularity. I'm very happy with that scope.

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
I had the 3-9 Rimfire on my 10/22 for a while over the summer and loved it. I got rid of it to use a red dot as I was going for a smaller, lighter overall package, but if I were to ever go back to a scope on a rimfire rifle, it would be the Nikon hands down.

Sure, you can find comparable scopes for less money, but there aren't many manufacturers with the experience and technology in optics that Nikon has. They also have class-leading support and a great warranty (I worked for years at a camera shop and Nikon was a market leader time and time again in service and support as well as overall product quality).

I think you can't go wrong with their optics. It's what they do.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I had a Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40 Nikoplex and it was decent up 50 yards anything further it was a bit out of focus so I bought a Prostaff 4-12x40 BDC so I can focus a bit further to 100yds or a little further.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Thanks for all the info, I'm looking at getting the Prostaff myself....

·
Registered
597 Posts
Thanks for all the info, I'm looking at getting the Prostaff myself....
I have owned a few Nikon DSLRs and went with their reputation for optics as well as reading reviews for their scopes and I have to say they don't disappoint. Decently priced for quality optics.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I recently purchased the 10/22 takedown and put a Nikon Prostaff 4x32 rimfire scope on it, and it fits in the case as well. Nice scope, crystal clear optics, purchased at Sports Authority for $94.99. Very impressed with this scope.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I decided to go with the Nikon Prostaff Target EFR Rimfire Rifle Scope 3-9x 40mm AO (#6734), should be the perfect scope for my heavy barreled 10/22.
Thanks for all the input!
Tim

·
Registered
677 Posts
I have a Nikon 3-9x40 Target EFR Pro-Staff at home, although it isn't currently on my 10-22.

My impression of it so far is that it is a cracking good little scope for the money. I think it would be a very good choice for your intended use.

My current scope that I am trying out is a Hawke Frontier SF 6-24x50 that replaces my Leupold 3.5-10x40 Vari-XIII. Reason for the chnage is I wanted to try out a bit higher magnification for some of the disciplines I shoot and the Frontier SF was a good price second hand to see if a bigger scope would suit my needs.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My shooting buddy has the Nicon Prostaff 3-9x40 and he just loves it. I tried it out and I,m ready to get one too, it's a sweet scope, If you decide to get one I'm sure you will be pleased as well.

·
Registered
12,851 Posts
I decided to go with the Nikon Prostaff Target EFR Rimfire Rifle Scope 3-9x 40mm AO (#6734), should be the perfect scope for my heavy barreled 10/22.
Thanks for all the input!
Tim
Just ordered one as well today, looking forward to giving it a go.

·
Registered
12,851 Posts
I went with the Nikon Prostaff 3-9x50 on my target build. It works great!

That must be beautifully bright to gaze through

·
Registered
93 Posts
Great pic K., Did you get the Nikoplex or BDC reticle? I have the PROSTAFF 3-9 BDC 150 Rimfire on my 10/22. Dialing in the ammo to my BDC reticle using Nikon's Spot On program is a huge help!

A buddy in NY just got the PROSTAFF target EFR for his .177 airrifle and loves it. I haven't used one yet, but trust my friend tobe truthful.

Here's a pic of my son using my 10/22 with Nikon Rimfire scope
http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd363/bman940/22rimfire.jpg

·
Registered
44 Posts
Can I ask a couple quick questions? After reading this thread I ordered the Nikon Prostaff Rimfire 3-9x40 BDC 150 scope. Does this scope come from the factory with any lens covers. The web site does not say one way or the other. If not, what size and kind to buy?? Thanks

1 - 20 of 27 Posts