Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looks like we need to limit the number of people allowed on a bus. Its obviousthat the current buses allow too many people on them and puts large numbers of people in possible unsafe actions by an individual at the control of such a dangerous weapon. Please remember a car can legally be classified as a weapon so a bus must be considered a assault weapon due to its increased size and damage is capable over a smaller car. By simply limits on the the number of people allowed on a bus or limiting the size of the bus to prevent a large number of people from getting onboard the government could of limited the number killed and injured. I hope Congress acts swiftly to prevent this from happing in the future.

PORTLAND, Oregon (Reuters) - Nine people were killed and at least 26 others injured on Sunday when a charter bus headed to Canada from Las Vegas skidded off an icy mountain highway and crashed down an embankment in northeastern Oregon.

The Oregon State Police said a preliminary investigation showed the charter bus, carrying about 40 people through the Blue Mountains en route to Vancouver, British Columbia, "lost control on the snow/ice covered westbound lanes of Interstate 84" near Pendleton.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Looks like we need to limit the number of people allowed on a bus. Its obviousthat the current buses allow too many people on them and puts large numbers of people in possible unsafe actions by an individual at the control of such a dangerous weapon. Please remember a car can legally be classified as a weapon so a bus must be considered a assault weapon due to its increased size and damage is capable over a smaller car. By simply limits on the the number of people allowed on a bus or limiting the size of the bus to prevent to menu people from getting onboard the government could of limited the number killed and injured. I hope Congress acts swiftly to prevent this from happing in the future.

PORTLAND, Oregon (Reuters) - Nine people were killed and at least 26 others injured on Sunday when a charter bus headed to Canada from Las Vegas skidded off an icy mountain highway and crashed down an embankment in northeastern Oregon.

The Oregon State Police said a preliminary investigation showed the charter bus, carrying about 40 people through the Blue Mountains en route to Vancouver, British Columbia, "lost control on the snow/ice covered westbound lanes of Interstate 84" near Pendleton.
Remember, if buses are outlawed, only outlaws will have buses.

·
Registered
172 Posts
It was really lucky more were not killed. I live about an hour from where this happened and the bus slid down a big hill almost straight down.

·
Banned
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was really lucky more were not killed. I live about an hour from where this happened and the bus slid down a big hill almost straight down.
Yes its sad. The buses scare the hell out of me had to take one 700 miles for a job to pick up a company vehicle outta state 26 hours later and two bus transfers finally made it. Cheap a$$ company wouldn't pay for a plane under 1000 miles. It was bus or train.

Next time they can go get it themselves. Thought we were going to crash a few times. Taking exit ramps at speeds I wouldn't take in a sports car. They have a high center of gravity and rear end heavy.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
And NO seatbelts (Safeties)!~

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
Gee, guys. Some people here know that I'm a transit bus driver. I never knew I was a psycho soon-to-be outlaw?

Most of the customers are mooching parasites, but only a few psychos on my bus.......:rolleyes:

I'm all in favor of completely banning bus passengers, and doubling my pay for handling such a dangerous machine......:D

·
Registered
630 Posts
Gee, guys. Some people here know that I'm a transit bus driver. I never knew I was a psycho soon-to-be outlaw?

Most of the customers are mooching parasites, but only a few psychos on my bus.......:rolleyes:

I'm all in favor of completely banning bus passengers, and doubling my pay for handling such a dangerous machine......:D
Well, MAYBE you will be grandfathered in. But you will definately have to register your bus and inform the government every time you fuel it up! :p

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Train - Military only

Yes its sad. The buses scare the hell out of me had to take one 700 miles for a job to pick up a company vehicle outta state 26 hours later and two bus transfers finally made it. Cheap a$$ company wouldn't pay for a plane under 1000 miles. It was bus or train.

Next time they can go get it themselves. Thought we were going to crash a few times. Taking exit ramps at speeds I wouldn't take in a sports car. They have a high center of gravity and rear end heavy.
Passenger trains can carry even more people than busses - so they should be reserved strictly for the military. Except for freight trains - since they don't have passengers they pose no threat whatsoever.

·
Wandering Sandlapper
3,282 Posts
register your bus and inform the government every time you fuel it up!
FUEL IT UP!?!

Burning fuel kills flowers and melts polar bears, or something like that.

After the ban only solar powered buses will be allowed.

On cloudy days the masses must walk, or just take the day off at government expense. :rolleyes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts