Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Bought a never fired stainless ROA (1978). Gun came with a nipple wrench marked Part # CB-73 on paper envelope. The wrench won't fit over nipples as it is too big. Removed nipples with a 3/16 socket.Plan to swap out nipples with an aftermarket one. New ones are not hex head. Need the right nipple wrench. Anyone ever have this problem? Thanks Tom

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
The only one I have used was a #11.

Do the new nipples you are buying state a size. I saw Midway also has what is called a universal nipple wrench. Not sure how that works., seems it either slots on it or doesn't.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Try "Track of the Wolf"

Hello,
Bought a never fired stainless ROA (1978). Gun came with a nipple wrench marked Part # CB-73 on paper envelope. The wrench won't fit over nipples as it is too big. Removed nipples with a 3/16 socket.Plan to swap out nipples with an aftermarket one. New ones are not hex head. Need the right nipple wrench. Anyone ever have this problem? Thanks Tom
https://www.trackofthewolf.com/Index.aspx

Nipple, 12-28 thread, for Ruger Old Army revolver, #11 CCI cap, stainless steel, for Ruger hex socket or Track's #NW-130 wrench

Cone length: 0.270" Thread journal length: 0.260" Overall length: 0.530" Diameter of base: 0.285"
Nipple, 12-28 thread, for Ruger Old Army revolver, #11 CCI cap, stainless steel, for Ruger hex socket or Track's #NW-130 wrench
Cone length: 0.270"
Thread journal length: 0.260"
Overall length: 0.530"
Diameter of base: 0.285"

·
Registered
265 Posts
I figured if my wife won't let me use my fingernails, then she'll never let me use a ...
Am I in the wrong Forum?

Actually just picked up a Uberti Walker, and need all kinds of accessories.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts